Old 08-21-2012
montejocarlo's Avatar
Expert User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 604
Thanked 0 Times
montejocarlo montejocarlo is offline
Expert User
montejocarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 604
Thanked 0 Times
1.
Do I believe in love?
No.
For it's not idea
Nor theory.
Never was it a subject
Of knowledge or principle.
It's truth old as life
Yet ever fresh as sunrise.
Gentle as breath
But firm as the earth,
It stands unwavering
In the face of life's
Most palpable lies

2.
Behind the trees
A river flows,
Beyond the clouds
The sun still burns.

For my sight is bound,
I'm good as blind.
When beauty hides,
Life sees no life.

3.
In the disarray of screaming minds,
You find yourself trapped -
Muted by great confusion,
Immobilized by distress.
As your spirit sets sail,
It is but captured back -
Chained by the same idling dogma -
The same rusty prison.
Made hostage by scheme,
Centuries of tortured silence.

4.
The sun rises on people;
Not for people.
Even to the farther regions
Of the Solar System,
Its rays still show.
Even to places with no known life form,
It shines.
Advantage in proximity
May be ours
As it overwhelms
Our inflated human ego,
But truth be told,
The sun rises on people;
Not for people.

5.
Can you find inspiration in inspiration?
Just like forming idea on idea
Or explaining explanation?
Do you get curious in curiosity,
Or describe description?
Just like being a being
Or knowing knowing?

6.
Rain is but a blessing to the earth.
It sustains life and delivers beauty,
Clearing the day of any impurity,
Giving room for a spotless sky.

Rain does not fall for man
Yet man complains when it comes.
As if owning supremacy
Over that which harbors life.

When adversity shows,
Solace is reproach
As apathy and ignorance
Catches the culprit by the tail.

-----------------------------------
(the 1st poem i've written after i realized i have SAD)

Sneering Eyes

In tattered greasy clothes, she was playing,
Careless of her hideous form and unsightly face,
She was free like a butterfly.

But her blissful oblivion was disturbed
As a familiar figure came:
The sneering eyes that pierced through every pore of her being.

She woke from her fantasy
And all the sweet smelling flowers were rotting garbage
That scattered around her private sanctuary.

In fear, she bolted away far
But stumbled among decaying wastes;
She was in a familiar place.

She tried to get up
But saw a recognizable image.
A figure she's seen a million times before.

The sneering eyes got closer and she trembled.
She tried to avert her eyes
But caught the sight of another scary form.

In life, she's known only one pair of those eyes;
Now there are hundreds of them
And they're all looking at her.

Her heart began pounding;
Her palms were sweating;
Then everything went white and she's unknowing.
__________________
No creature is fully itself till it is, like a dandelion, opened in the bloom of pure relationship to the sun, the entire living cosmos.
- D.H. Lawrence
montejocarlo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012
Shenmue's Avatar
Intermediate User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 172
Thanked 1 Time
Shenmue Shenmue is offline
Intermediate User
Shenmue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 172
Thanked 1 Time
Hopes and dreams are far away.
Locked in despair
I hold on to yesterday.
The memories are clear
I feel far from here
And the past is what's keeping me at bay.

Last edited by Shenmue; 08-22-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Shenmue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012
hidwell's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,075
Thanked 32 Times
hidwell hidwell is offline
Elite User
hidwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,075
Thanked 32 Times
In Loving Memory of Kelly Doe

She never got to dance,
Or go to her own Prom.
She never got the chance,
To forget where she came from.

She never got to kiss,
A man she idolized.
She never felt love's bliss,
'Cause she was paralyzed.

She never got to talk,
About love with a smile.
She never got to walk,
Down a Church's Aisle.

She never got to say,
Those precious words "I Do".
But she was far and away,
The strongest girl I ever knew.

She couldn't brush her hair,
Or put make up on her face.
She couldn't hold you dear,
Or give you a warm embrace.

She couldn't clasp her hands,
As if in the form of prayer.
She couldn't understand,
Why she was in a wheelchair.

She never showed her fears,
Or let you hear her cries.
She never showed the tears,
That fell down from her eyes.

She never looked for pity,
Or sympathy from you.
That's why she'll always be,
The strongest girl I ever knew.

By Ronnie Doe
__________________
By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
Confucius
hidwell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012
Advanced User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 454
Thanked 0 Times
Etbow23 Etbow23 is offline
Advanced User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 454
Thanked 0 Times
I hate sharing my poetry, I always feel so exposed whenever I do :/ But I will just take a risk and post a new one I wrote recently. It's really choppy right now, needs major editing. So if there are any constructive suggestions, please let me know.


Slender moon
covet moon
You were watching me the only one
watching me
not even the sun was and who could blame him
Black heart
ice heart
I plunge into the Anacostia
like soft dove with broken wing
Or imagine the concrete
black blood spilling out only to be seen
dried scarlet
crusted when the daylight spreads its limbs
and the relocated scientists emerge from their cars, set their alarms
Wakes the ambitions scourns the
blackhearts
Blue moon
full moon
You look at me with this face of terror
Terror at the world
and I get fed up with your indifference

The early break has turned yellow
J heads to the liquor store
to get his days fill of whiskey and an iced tea for me
Newports to share.
When you creep back spreading your fingers upon my face tonight
Full moon
I'll be high as you in your royal sky dippers and crack in the bathroom with the door that won't shut
But we don't care
Pissing on the street creeping the back alleys
trying to remember what it was I was running from
but can't seem to place it so
I keep running, just so I won't find out.
And the song still beats in my head, that unpublished backyard song
She is in my bed, my fiance...
I hear him see his weepy eye scar under the left
Take your hood off so they can see how pretty you are.
But I was afraid to
and I still am.
Where'd you go to J lady?
I don't want to know,
but can't help but be curious.
Etbow23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012
Advanced User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 454
Thanked 0 Times
Etbow23 Etbow23 is offline
Advanced User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 454
Thanked 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decadent88 View Post
@Insane1: Beautiful! I feel every word.

Mine goes below. I've turned this to a song recently.

In the arms of shadows, I'm in peace.
Empty walls surround me, as I stare into... vacuum.
From all I know, it's home for sure.
Broken bells on the meadows, dull red in my windows...

Over the noise of raging lives, a blithe crimson,
Into the depth of eternity, I wait.


Astute minds, they come and go, at my next doors.
Bleeding hopes and breeding lies, towards the morning sun.

Agony and pain, living in me like white noise a thousand years.
Soaring high up to the sky, my reasons fade.

Over the noise of raging lives, a blithe crimson,
Into the depth of eternity, I wait.
I like this. Have you recorded the song?
Etbow23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012
Xervello's Avatar
Expert User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ohio, U.S.A.
Posts: 576
Thanked 18 Times
Xervello Xervello is offline
Expert User
Xervello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ohio, U.S.A.
Posts: 576
Thanked 18 Times
Great idea, IF ONLY! Glad to see so many posts, too. Here's my contribution.


INDIVISIBLE

If you admire the dream, don’t awaken the sleeper;
Or desire the mystery, don’t dissect its keeper.
That which makes beauty divine and madly adored
Infatuates greed in those seeking to be its lord;
Depleting its richness for the sake of being the reaper
Only to be left bereft and abhorred
When reverence would have gifted something deeper.

To celebrate love one needs a brush with damnation.
Like the stars that confetti the night’s isolation
With drops of joy upon the lips of despair.
The appetite may lament its uneven share
But secretly it hungers most for temptation.
The valiant will always have calvaries to bear
If they wish to earn their amorous salvation.

Don’t remove the venom should it reside in the wing;
As that which lifts the heart can also make it sting.
Bliss and pain are but a mender and a dreg
Overtaking the other along each marathon leg.
One must embrace the spark they bring
Be it a faint flash or a powder keg
And ride the arc of their syncopated swing.
Xervello is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012
Beatmetrics's Avatar
Advanced User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Oi ve just kiddin
Posts: 319
Thanked 0 Times
Beatmetrics Beatmetrics is offline
Advanced User
Beatmetrics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Oi ve just kiddin
Posts: 319
Thanked 0 Times
If you can't love me.

If you can't love me because I'm nice and see me as a pushover then i don't need you.

If you can't love me because one day I'll listen to Mozart and then next Slipknot then Taylor Swift followed by Nicki Minaj then I don't need you.

If you can't love me because sometimes when I go out I just want dance the night away rather than sing the night way then I don't need you.

If you can't love me because I prefer old fashioned areas of our home town then I don't need you.

If you can't love me because I get more aggressive and mouthy about things I'm passionate about then I don't need you.

If you can't love me because occasionally I'll forget things sometimes then i don't need you.

If you can't love me because I like hanging out at the book store down town just because then i don't need you.

If you can't love me because I sometimes have a blue phase once in awhile then i don't need you.

If you can't love me because I prefer to cook meals then go out and buy them then i don't need you.

If you can't love me because I am more opened about my feelings and will talk to you about them then I don't need you.

If you can't love me because I enjoy wearing a t shirt and leggings at night while cuddle up on the couch watching tv eating ice cream then I don't need you.

If you can't love me because I like watching movies/tv shows that have subtitles because it's something new and refreshing then I don't need you.

If you can't love me because sometimes I scarf down food then I don't need you.

If you can't love me because I'm attached to my cat and would never let her go but you say you'll move in if she goes...then i don't need you.

If you can't love me because of the little things that i do that define me good and bad then I don't need you ever...

I'll always be me whether you like what i do or don't.
Beatmetrics is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012
cowboyup's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,188
Thanked 7 Times
cowboyup cowboyup is offline
Elite User
cowboyup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,188
Thanked 7 Times
I stumbled into this life unaware of its highs and lows and in-betweens
Nobody told me how hard it is or how easy it could be
If only my mind would shut up
My imagination runs wild
My heart aches
I am tough on the outside
I am weak on the inside
Nobody knows I cry in the shower
Nobody knows I cry at night
Darkness is my friend
I worry too much
I think too much
I want silence in my head
Why do I question everything
I am alone
I am afraid
I am sad
But nobody knows and nobody can help me
But me
cowboyup is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012
Newbie User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 42
Thanked 0 Times
leresteapied leresteapied is offline
Newbie User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 42
Thanked 0 Times
They came today to take away my hearth, the fire that warmed my toes. Instead a slab, cold and drab, of stone, they laid, to chill my bones.

Okay, I'm working on it. I don't care what any of you think. I don't ****ing care ! Up yours. Ban me **** this. I'm going to stamp on this ****ing phone. It hasn't done me any good at all. Let's go back in time. When I was young.
leresteapied is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012
Helmaninquiel's Avatar
Advanced User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 405
Thanked 0 Times
Helmaninquiel Helmaninquiel is offline
Advanced User
Helmaninquiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 405
Thanked 0 Times
One night I had a dream--
I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord
and across the sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints,
one belonged to me and the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that many times along the path of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest
and saddest times in my life.
This really bothered me and I questioned the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you would walk with me all the way,
but I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life
there is only one set of footprints.
"I don't understand why in times when I needed you most,
you should leave me."
The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child,
I love you and I would never, never leave you
during your times of trial and suffering.
"When you saw only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."
__________________
It's taken root inside your mind Run, child, run! Run for your life.
Helmaninquiel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012
Newbie User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 42
Thanked 0 Times
leresteapied leresteapied is offline
Newbie User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 42
Thanked 0 Times
Once like a leaf on the whim of a breeze
Now bogged down by Meniere's disease
Momentous as mulch that lies 'neath trees
Deep in a forest where nobody sees

Me

I'm not happy with that but I might work on it. Then again, I don't think I'll bother
leresteapied is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012
Elite User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,305
Thanked 0 Times
Nathália Nathália is offline
Elite User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,305
Thanked 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leresteapied View Post
Once like a leaf on the whim of a breeze
Now bogged down by Meniere's disease
Momentous as mulch that lies 'neath trees
Deep in a forest where nobody sees

Me

I'm not happy with that but I might work on it. Then again, I don't think I'll bother
It has a nice beat to it though, it almost feels like a song. The start of your other one wasn't bad either.
Nathália is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012
Newbie User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 42
Thanked 0 Times
leresteapied leresteapied is offline
Newbie User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 42
Thanked 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathália View Post
It has a nice beat to it though, it almost feels like a song. The start of your other one wasn't bad either.
Thank you. I'm not happy with some of it. I don't know if I want to say momentous but I do want to say mulch. With the Hearth "poem" very few people would know what I'm talking about I suppose. I read poets, I rarely know what they're talking about either . Thanks for your response.
leresteapied is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012
Intermediate User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 246
Thanked 1 Time
ForeverTheWeirdKid ForeverTheWeirdKid is offline
Intermediate User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 246
Thanked 1 Time
In plasmic cassete

Skin waves sing
Rush tones reset
Dead souls sting
ForeverTheWeirdKid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012
Beatmetrics's Avatar
Advanced User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Oi ve just kiddin
Posts: 319
Thanked 0 Times
Beatmetrics Beatmetrics is offline
Advanced User
Beatmetrics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Oi ve just kiddin
Posts: 319
Thanked 0 Times
It's 8 now
If you know me well enough you'd know this is not a usual time for me to be up.
But somehow for today I feel this is my luck.

Only two hrs of sleep today.
So now, today, you'll finally her me say...

I wish you were here to comfort me back to sleep.
I'm tired and I know this is a big leap...

But please ditch the other girl and lets give this a try.
You've just seemed like a well rounded guy....

I'm tired forgive me.
I think i'm in need to some coffee.

It's still 8....
Beatmetrics is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012
Intermediate User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tasmania
Posts: 109
Thanked 0 Times
21NZ 21NZ is offline
Intermediate User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tasmania
Posts: 109
Thanked 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leresteapied View Post
Once like a leaf on the whim of a breeze
Now bogged down by Meniere's disease
Momentous as mulch that lies 'neath trees
Deep in a forest where nobody sees

Me

I'm not happy with that but I might work on it. Then again, I don't think I'll bother
Nice!
21NZ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012
user deleted
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
user deleted
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by leresteapied View Post
They came today to take away my hearth, the fire that warmed my toes. Instead a slab, cold and drab, of stone, they laid, to chill my bones.
I really like this.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012
user deleted
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
user deleted
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Love makes you fat
As you nestle amongst its cushions
The grass grows quick underfoot
Until there is nothing left but you.
The pen is a trowel;
Heavy harvest to reap
This crop of sentiment.
We broke penetration
My biggest fear
And fell into lucidity.
The tree tops resemble elusive paintings
And the sky is a vast marauder
Where you look wanting
Over the princesses of your past.
Fattened meat I am;
For the insect eutopia's hungry hordes
My friends have fallen foul
Among the reeds
Littered with bodies.
Each died, cupping their hands
As the river ran dry
And time's first trick -
To eat the fruit that absence weathers
An unattainable fountain conquest;
To keep each spring as nature intended.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012
user deleted
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
user deleted
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
How they move;
Single file in congested queues
Clock tower bearing down
On an empty cause.
How we are dictated to by time
And agendas.
I look too poor;
A homeless harmonic player
I bet you don't notice the music
As you walk by
Governed by your wrist.
Places to be - people to meet
Who knew the truth sewn in pocket
The secret hooks tugging at your skin.
A dealer of agendas;
A manager of time.
Serve out the sentence
Above the stained wood frame
He hands me the keys
And we, all in line
Desperate for means
Stay sickly and widen our eyes
To anticipate our gifts.
Frenzy, eyes down.
My agenda is in the worn sole of my shoe.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012
berlingot's Avatar
Newbie User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 7
Thanked 0 Times
berlingot berlingot is offline
Newbie User
berlingot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 7
Thanked 0 Times
beware the thirteenth room!
lest you suffer Tréphine’s fate.
reach into the other ones
where you will remain safe.
one room has veils and veils,
another an aviary to play in.
a chandelier grows in the third
and the fourth is entirely velvet.
another has dancing poppets.
one gives view of the ocean;
another has perfume bottles;
one will crush you with roses.
the rest are themed: rococo,
gothic, art nouveau, art deco.
but beware the thirteenth room
where his prior wives hang
in bones, flesh torn, headless.
the axe in the bucket rattles,
waiting for the next victim.
berlingot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some of my poems! Alistair Texts, Poems, Dreams, Phrases... 21 10-18-2011 04:38 AM
Some of my poems shygal84 Texts, Poems, Dreams, Phrases... 1 12-07-2010 05:59 PM
A Few Poems... Starry Texts, Poems, Dreams, Phrases... 5 02-16-2007 11:34 AM
More poems... Starry Texts, Poems, Dreams, Phrases... 7 02-16-2007 02:41 AM
my poems Lilminx Texts, Poems, Dreams, Phrases... 3 05-23-2006 04:27 AM

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:29 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
 
Contact Us Privacy