Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2018
PugofCrydee's Avatar
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
PugofCrydee PugofCrydee is offline
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
PugofCrydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanielWingatePeaslee View Post
Different definitions.

The dictionary has one definition of natural and the bible another (like in Romans 1:26). If one accepts the bible as the unerring word of the creator of the universe, it then follows that one must accept its definitions.
Or you could say different realities.

This is a known fact. It ACTUALLY happens in the real world.
PugofCrydee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PugofCrydee For This Useful Post:
LoyalXenite (07-29-2018)
Old 07-28-2018
PugofCrydee's Avatar
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
PugofCrydee PugofCrydee is offline
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
PugofCrydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
Oh, and just because you pretend something doesn't exist in the real world, no matter how hard you try to wish it away or pretend it isn't there...it'll still be there in reality.

If I'm in a crowded room and I shut my eyes and say "these people arent there! They're really not, it's just noise that sounds like a crowded room".. is the room still crowded?
PugofCrydee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PugofCrydee For This Useful Post:
LoyalXenite (07-29-2018)
Old 07-28-2018
PugofCrydee's Avatar
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
PugofCrydee PugofCrydee is offline
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
PugofCrydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanielWingatePeaslee View Post
Different definitions.

The dictionary has one definition of natural and the bible another (like in Romans 1:26). If one accepts the bible as the unerring word of the creator of the universe, it then follows that one must accept its definitions.
There are people like this in every country, most are in housing and institutions for the mentally ill.
Why is believing in one type of imaginary friend different to all the other people that are in those institutions and housing?
PugofCrydee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PugofCrydee For This Useful Post:
LoyalXenite (07-29-2018)
Old 07-29-2018
LoyalXenite's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 1,787
Thanked 97 Times
LoyalXenite LoyalXenite is online now
Elite User
LoyalXenite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 1,787
Thanked 97 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F0AM View Post
Could we stop with this homophobic crap and see how water striders flow?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2unnSK7WTE
I was going to reply to your very good points.. but damn if that video isnt interesting, I'd never really thought about water striders before
__________________
Iíll Remember You Though,
I Remember Everyone Who Leaves
LoyalXenite is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018
PugofCrydee's Avatar
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
PugofCrydee PugofCrydee is offline
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
PugofCrydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F0AM View Post
Could we stop with this homophobic crap and see how water striders flow?
I know, water striders are amazing. And do you know, their religion is one where they believe if they aren't good water striders, their god will appear and devour them?..

PugofCrydee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018
lily's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,392
Thanked 187 Times
lily lily is offline
Elite User
lily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,392
Thanked 187 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoyalXenite View Post
Wow... just.. wow..

As a big ol' lesbian just overlook my deformed pedo self when I tell you to read another damn book besides the bible and check some actual facts for once. People are born gay. Homosexuality occurs in other species naturally. There is nothing wrong with being gay.. just because your bigoted little fairytale thinks its ok to completely dehumanize anyone who doesnt fit their cookie cutter criteria does not make your idea of normal and natural accurate.. try reading some *******ed scientific evidence and basing your statements on verifiable facts instead of bigoted lies.

I was born into a religious family, my grandmother was the lay pastor of the church, no matter how many times and how hard she prayed she never managed to pray the gay away.. almost as if its a completely normal and natural thing that occurs and isnt something that needs fixing
i don't know what you're talking about, it does seem inaccurate at the top there but i believe in what i do. And there is historical evidence of the bible that jesus is real. really when you see the water that's provided for us, the sun and the trees, the wind, day and night, the seasons etc things that r in an organized and systematic way you don't believe there's a God? that's fine.
lily is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018
PugofCrydee's Avatar
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
PugofCrydee PugofCrydee is offline
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
PugofCrydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlospairl View Post
Diverse webmasters know the worth of having backlinks to their sites. Tons beaten there the dead job of obtaining backlinks sooner than themselves which takes period and patience. In the one-time, it seemed that only large corporations could exterior into public notice the spondulix compulsory to indeed achieve https://otvet.mail.ru/answer/1792746060 backlinks. So they were the ones who ended up first in the search engine rankings. But things have changed and there are sundry services now available to the teeny enterprise owner.
What the hell (excuse the pun) are you on about lol..
PugofCrydee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PugofCrydee For This Useful Post:
BlueDays (08-03-2018), LoyalXenite (08-03-2018)
Old 08-03-2018
PugofCrydee's Avatar
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
PugofCrydee PugofCrydee is offline
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
PugofCrydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
i don't know what you're talking about, it does seem inaccurate at the top there but i believe in what i do. And there is historical evidence of the bible that jesus is real. really when you see the water that's provided for us, the sun and the trees, the wind, day and night, the seasons etc things that r in an organized and systematic way you don't believe there's a God? that's fine.



PugofCrydee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018
BlueDays's Avatar
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Elite User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In my secret hiding place.
Posts: 10,041
Thanked 451 Times
BlueDays BlueDays is offline
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Elite User
BlueDays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In my secret hiding place.
Posts: 10,041
Thanked 451 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PugofCrydee View Post
What the hell (excuse the pun) are you on about lol..
BlueDays is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018
PugofCrydee's Avatar
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
PugofCrydee PugofCrydee is offline
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
PugofCrydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
Being immoral.. why is it that most people in the U.S prison system are religious?
PugofCrydee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018
PugofCrydee's Avatar
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
PugofCrydee PugofCrydee is offline
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
PugofCrydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDays View Post
Oh hey Blue lol
PugofCrydee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018
LoyalXenite's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 1,787
Thanked 97 Times
LoyalXenite LoyalXenite is online now
Elite User
LoyalXenite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 1,787
Thanked 97 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
i don't know what you're talking about, it does seem inaccurate at the top there but i believe in what i do. And there is historical evidence of the bible that jesus is real. really when you see the water that's provided for us, the sun and the trees, the wind, day and night, the seasons etc things that r in an organized and systematic way you don't believe there's a God? that's fine.
You're basing your argument on one book, full of inconsistencies and incorrect information. Im basing my argument on facts that have been gotten through scientific studies. The bible is not historical evidence, its a deeply flawed fairytale that is full of bigotry and ignorance, your reliance on using it as your only source of information is just cementing your inability to look beyond it and see actual facts that are evident all around you if you just do some actual research!
__________________
Iíll Remember You Though,
I Remember Everyone Who Leaves
LoyalXenite is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LoyalXenite For This Useful Post:
PugofCrydee (08-03-2018)
Old 08-03-2018
BlueDays's Avatar
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Elite User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In my secret hiding place.
Posts: 10,041
Thanked 451 Times
BlueDays BlueDays is offline
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Elite User
BlueDays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In my secret hiding place.
Posts: 10,041
Thanked 451 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoyalXenite View Post
You're basing your argument on one book, full of inconsistencies and incorrect information. Im basing my argument on facts that have been gotten through scientific studies. The bible is not historical evidence, its a deeply flawed fairytale that is full of bigotry and ignorance, your reliance on using it as your only source of information is just cementing your inability to look beyond it and see actual facts that are evident all around you if you just do some actual research!
This post is " Thanked" by BlueDays, who has run out of "Thanks" buttons to use.

I was brought up in a very Christian household. It was only the actual RESEARCH that I finally ended up doing - when I obtained my own access to the internet - that convinced me that I had been brainwashed as a child, and it was all nothing but a very long, made up fairy tale.

Nowadays I feel sorry for the steadfast Christians. If they need religion to help them cope with life on this earth, then so be it.
It is only the ones that try and shove religion down your throat, that I get tired of, and walk away from.
BlueDays is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueDays For This Useful Post:
LoyalXenite (08-03-2018), PugofCrydee (08-03-2018)
Old 08-03-2018
PugofCrydee's Avatar
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
PugofCrydee PugofCrydee is offline
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
PugofCrydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
Well said Blue
PugofCrydee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018
LoyalXenite's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 1,787
Thanked 97 Times
LoyalXenite LoyalXenite is online now
Elite User
LoyalXenite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 1,787
Thanked 97 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDays View Post
This post is " Thanked" by BlueDays, who has run out of "Thanks" buttons to use.

I was brought up in a very Christian household. It was only the actual RESEARCH that I finally ended up doing - when I obtained my own access to the internet - that convinced me that I had been brainwashed as a child, and it was all nothing but a very long, made up fairy tale.

Nowadays I feel sorry for the steadfast Christians. If they need religion to help them cope with life on this earth, then so be it.
It is only the ones that try and shove religion down your throat, that I get tired of, and walk away from.
I was raised christian as well, it was many years before I actually did some research and opened my mind.. Generally I dont care what religion, if any, that people follow. Its only when they're trying to force it on others, thinking their beliefs mean that the laws must be a certain way, or using it as an excuse to treat people like lesser humans that I take issue. Though it does annoy me when people say something isnt so because their book says it isnt, despite very obvious proof to the contrary being everywhere if they'd just look...

I still let my grandma pray for me every time she sees me because I know how much it means to her, but I also called her out on her using her religious beliefs to justify actively fighting against same sex marriage when she knows she has gay family members.. (The same sex referendum stuff was an ugly time all round tbh)
__________________
Iíll Remember You Though,
I Remember Everyone Who Leaves
LoyalXenite is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018
vj288's Avatar
Grand champion orangutan wrangler, welterweight class
Elite User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Under the waves...
Posts: 4,042
Thanked 225 Times
vj288 vj288 is offline
Grand champion orangutan wrangler, welterweight class
Elite User
vj288's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Under the waves...
Posts: 4,042
Thanked 225 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PugofCrydee View Post
Being immoral.. why is it that most people in the U.S prison system are religious?
That's because over 75% of the US is religious in one form or another.

Religion in America: U.S. Religious Data, Demographics and Statistics | Pew Research Center

I live in the US, and most people I come across are religious. Most interactions are secular in nature, you know there is no need for my friendly waiter to tell me about his trip to church the previous Sunday. And much like Atheism, it's the loudest, most obnoxious ones that makes people assume that everyone who carries religious beliefs are judgmental, close-minded, blind and blissfully ignorant idiots. Regardless of belief, at the end of the day most people are just people. They care about one another, they are tolerant and considerate, and they are not interested in making their life about hatefully attacking everyone who disagrees with their way of life.

Of course there are those who do live their lives that way. I am just trying to say that it is the minority.

I want to use my mother as an example here, as she is extremely religious. She literally goes to church seven days a week, and she is incredibly devoted to her faith.

Now, I go to church 0 days a week, and when I was in high school decided I didn't want to get confirmed in the church. I could tell it broke her heart to hear it, but she respected my decision and didn't treat me any differently than before. I think she trusted me to make the decision I felt was best, and that's what I did.

That all being said, I know there are many, many things that I do, and people my mother comes across that she believes to be wrong. And outside a pro-life bumper sticker on her car, she never imposes her beliefs onto anyone else. If someone opens up the conversation, she will happily talk to a person about it for hours if they let her. But she knows not everyone is interested in that, so it is generally something she keeps to herself.

As to me specifically, I do lots of things she doesn't agree with, whether it is eating meat on Friday or using the Lords name in vain. She never comments, she never pressures me to return to church, and she just generally wants me to be happy or fulfilled or accomplish whatever I want in life.

The example I really want to use here is after the last time I tried to kill myself, I decided I needed help and asked my mother. Now to anyone who is familiar with with Catholic church, you know suicide is one of the big no-no-straight-to-hell-do-not-pass-go-do-not-collect-$200 type sins.

And after I told her about it, she didn't throw me in the car and force me into a church. She didn't disown me until I was willing to cleanse my soul. She didn't tell me how awful a thing I had done. She didn't do anything like.

She just tried to help me. She brought me home. I went to the hospital for the next few weeks, and she visited regularly. And I have been living at home with my parents ever since. And she has let me know the church door are always open once, but other than that she has never, ever imposed her religion onto me. I am very grateful for my mother, who I know is always acting with my best interests at heart. Even when I do not act in accordance with her faith.


My point just being here, while we debate religion, just remember that there are good people and bad people in the world, and while what they believe sculpts their life, it doesn't make them good or bad. Everyone is people, whether they believe in God or multiple Gods or Buddha or nothing. And when I look at other people, I try to emulate my mother, which is not someone who judges them based on how their beliefs differ from hers, but looks to see how she is able to help them in their life, through their own perspective of the world. And considering this is a support forum, I would imagine that is the best avenue to take here as well. Everyone here is struggling in one way or another, and when we find ways to pick each other up it's amazing.
__________________
I'm a stranger to myself

"If you don't imagine, then nothing ever happens at all"
vj288 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vj288 For This Useful Post:
BlueDays (08-08-2018)
Old 08-08-2018
PugofCrydee's Avatar
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
PugofCrydee PugofCrydee is offline
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
PugofCrydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
Laughter stands accusing me
Emotion stands abusing me
The battered and the bruising me
Is there darkness when you die
I heard a sound no one there
I heard a shot no one cares
Laughter turns into despair




Last edited by PugofCrydee; 08-08-2018 at 01:00 AM.
PugofCrydee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018
PugofCrydee's Avatar
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
PugofCrydee PugofCrydee is offline
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
PugofCrydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
Religion is about control, money & the restriction of knowledge from the people.

Science is about increasing general knowledge.
PugofCrydee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018
LoyalXenite's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 1,787
Thanked 97 Times
LoyalXenite LoyalXenite is online now
Elite User
LoyalXenite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 1,787
Thanked 97 Times
__________________
Iíll Remember You Though,
I Remember Everyone Who Leaves
LoyalXenite is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoyalXenite For This Useful Post:
BlueDays (09-03-2018), PugofCrydee (09-07-2018)
Old 09-07-2018
PugofCrydee's Avatar
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
PugofCrydee PugofCrydee is offline
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
PugofCrydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,124
Thanked 501 Times
Are religious people simply more ignorant/less intelligent?
PugofCrydee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
An old debate...I know apollo Social Anxiety Forum 8 03-05-2010 07:47 PM
WHY DO PEOPLE DEBATE IF IM GAY/ what to do? slicknsly Social Anxiety Forum 18 11-26-2009 01:51 PM
RELIGIOUS DEBATE THREAD LA-girl Off-Topic 5 07-26-2006 07:56 AM
Where is the religious debate thread??? LA-girl Off-Topic 9 07-19-2006 10:21 PM

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:32 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 
Contact Us Privacy