Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6 Days Ago
PugofCrydee's Avatar
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lost
Posts: 2,312
Thanked 294 Times
PugofCrydee PugofCrydee is offline
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
PugofCrydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lost
Posts: 2,312
Thanked 294 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyBeGood View Post
Make me fried rice
What... now?..
PugofCrydee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago
theslowesthand's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,525
Thanked 373 Times
theslowesthand theslowesthand is offline
Elite User
theslowesthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,525
Thanked 373 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj288 View Post
I want to say something, anything, but I don't currently feel like I have anything worthwhile to say.

I think I understand why people talk about the weather now.
Oh btw, how's the weather in your neck of the woods? I heard it was a bit of a ....
theslowesthand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago
FountainandFairfax's Avatar
I remember a time of chaos... ruined dreams... this wasted land.
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1993
Posts: 3,433
Thanked 421 Times
FountainandFairfax FountainandFairfax is online now
I remember a time of chaos... ruined dreams... this wasted land.
Elite User
FountainandFairfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1993
Posts: 3,433
Thanked 421 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyBeGood View Post
Make me fried rice
Quote:
Originally Posted by PugofCrydee View Post
What... now?..
If I were an evil genie I'd turn her into rice.
__________________
Last of the V8 Introverts
Ecc. 1:17
FountainandFairfax is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FountainandFairfax For This Useful Post:
BlueDays (1 Day Ago), PugofCrydee (6 Days Ago)
Old 6 Days Ago
PugofCrydee's Avatar
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lost
Posts: 2,312
Thanked 294 Times
PugofCrydee PugofCrydee is offline
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
PugofCrydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lost
Posts: 2,312
Thanked 294 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FountainandFairfax View Post
If I were an evil genie I'd turn her into rice.
Yea! And leave her in a bowl on a table in the dining room so SlowestHand's could order his trained flies to crawl all over her!

Take that Molly!


I guess that would make SlowestHand Lord of the Flies right?
PugofCrydee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago
theslowesthand's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,525
Thanked 373 Times
theslowesthand theslowesthand is offline
Elite User
theslowesthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,525
Thanked 373 Times
Yes, well done Pug.
theslowesthand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago
MollyBeGood's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: genpop
Posts: 3,707
Thanked 331 Times
MollyBeGood MollyBeGood is online now
Elite User
MollyBeGood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: genpop
Posts: 3,707
Thanked 331 Times
You guys are freaks!
__________________
Nolite te B a s t a rds es carborundorum
MollyBeGood is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago
MollyBeGood's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: genpop
Posts: 3,707
Thanked 331 Times
MollyBeGood MollyBeGood is online now
Elite User
MollyBeGood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: genpop
Posts: 3,707
Thanked 331 Times
I think I will try to be like Opposite George today.
__________________
Nolite te B a s t a rds es carborundorum
MollyBeGood is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MollyBeGood For This Useful Post:
FountainandFairfax (5 Days Ago)
Old 5 Days Ago
lily's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,067
Thanked 146 Times
lily lily is offline
Elite User
lily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,067
Thanked 146 Times
i had thoughts that even if you had bad/negative thoughts about yourself, don't call yourself that, it wouldn't do you any better.
lily is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lily For This Useful Post:
FountainandFairfax (5 Days Ago)
Old 5 Days Ago
BlackPuma's Avatar
Neither black nor a puma.
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: :noitacoL
Posts: 5,929
Thanked 94 Times
BlackPuma BlackPuma is offline
Neither black nor a puma.
Elite User
BlackPuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: :noitacoL
Posts: 5,929
Thanked 94 Times
A few days ago I had a frankly horrible experience that I'm still shaken by. Since August of last year I've been living on my own, it's a lovely (albeit tiny) apartment on the sixth floor, with a disproportionately big balcony that gets sunlight the entire day. I took it so my two cats could be outside and lay in the sun and wind, if and when they wanted, it's entirely closed by nets so they can't get to the birds, or go onto other people's balconies. They've had hard lives and deserve it.

But a few days ago, I heard a loud bang outside and was kinda baffled by it. I figured someone must've dropped something and let it go. So a few minutes later, I go outside to hang my laundry. The second I step outside onto the balcony, the neighbor (who I've been living next to for almost a year) shouts over the divider "You're going to get rid of your cats! This is unacceptable." so I asked him what they did, assuming they did something to his balcony or him without me seeing. But he just repeated it and stormed inside. So he had banged on the divider to scare them in his rage.

Mind you, this is my biggest trigger. Sudden bursts of intense, belittling, anger flung at me in a private supposedly safe places, that plagued me during childhood. So to have it happen here, after almost a year, broke me on a fundamental level. To have it aimed at my cats, the thing I'm most protective off, only made it worse.

It took a lot, but I went to his door to ask him what on Earth was going on. He's been absolutely silent about any problem till now, I had no idea of anything. So he opened the door, and immediately started shouting again, saying really odd stuff. He asked me "what's the point of having them anyway?" followed by multiple harsh words flung into their direction that I won't repeat here. Keeping insisting I get rid of them.. I keep repeating while I sympathize that he's angry, that I won't be getting rid of my cats. They're allowed to be here, they're on my balcony, and nobody is going to dictate what I can and cannot do on in my house, or on my balcony. I pay good rent for that.

This goes on for some time - and it takes a lot of effort to not just walk away. But he lives right next to me, and is gunning for my pets, who are nothing but nice. So I hold my ground, staying polite but repeating they're not leaving.. Eventually he starts calming down, as he's the only one ranting and raving, and invites me in to talk.

Inside he explains to me he's actually allergic to cat hair, and that it's very inflammatory to him. Which checks out becomes on of my cat is a mushroom cloud of shedding right now. We talked for a bit, I made some suggestions and told him I'd try to seal the parts that allow fur to flow onto his balcony. We didn't really come to a verbal agreement, though he seemed ashamed of it. But now I'm afraid it'll happen again, and get EXTREMELY nervous when my cats are out there. I've since patched it with garbage bags temporarily, but I have no idea how well it's working and I'm afraid to ask.

I'm going to stop rambling now - this is long already.
__________________
   ^-^
   OWO) ~( I haven't blinked in five years! )
BlackPuma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackPuma For This Useful Post:
FountainandFairfax (5 Days Ago)
Old 5 Days Ago
FountainandFairfax's Avatar
I remember a time of chaos... ruined dreams... this wasted land.
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1993
Posts: 3,433
Thanked 421 Times
FountainandFairfax FountainandFairfax is online now
I remember a time of chaos... ruined dreams... this wasted land.
Elite User
FountainandFairfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1993
Posts: 3,433
Thanked 421 Times
You're very brave Puma.

I grew-up in the same kind of setting and I have no doubt that's what cracked me.

I applaud your courage, I know I couldn't have done that and I'm a big, scary-looking guy.

Bravo for standing-up to him the way you did.
__________________
Last of the V8 Introverts
Ecc. 1:17
FountainandFairfax is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago
MollyBeGood's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: genpop
Posts: 3,707
Thanked 331 Times
MollyBeGood MollyBeGood is online now
Elite User
MollyBeGood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: genpop
Posts: 3,707
Thanked 331 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPuma View Post
A few days ago I had a frankly horrible experience that I'm still shaken by. Since August of last year I've been living on my own, it's a lovely (albeit tiny) apartment on the sixth floor, with a disproportionately big balcony that gets sunlight the entire day. I took it so my two cats could be outside and lay in the sun and wind, if and when they wanted, it's entirely closed by nets so they can't get to the birds, or go onto other people's balconies. They've had hard lives and deserve it.

But a few days ago, I heard a loud bang outside and was kinda baffled by it. I figured someone must've dropped something and let it go. So a few minutes later, I go outside to hang my laundry. The second I step outside onto the balcony, the neighbor (who I've been living next to for almost a year) shouts over the divider "You're going to get rid of your cats! This is unacceptable." so I asked him what they did, assuming they did something to his balcony or him without me seeing. But he just repeated it and stormed inside. So he had banged on the divider to scare them in his rage.

Mind you, this is my biggest trigger. Sudden bursts of intense, belittling, anger flung at me in a private supposedly safe places, that plagued me during childhood. So to have it happen here, after almost a year, broke me on a fundamental level. To have it aimed at my cats, the thing I'm most protective off, only made it worse.

It took a lot, but I went to his door to ask him what on Earth was going on. He's been absolutely silent about any problem till now, I had no idea of anything. So he opened the door, and immediately started shouting again, saying really odd stuff. He asked me "what's the point of having them anyway?" followed by multiple harsh words flung into their direction that I won't repeat here. Keeping insisting I get rid of them.. I keep repeating while I sympathize that he's angry, that I won't be getting rid of my cats. They're allowed to be here, they're on my balcony, and nobody is going to dictate what I can and cannot do on in my house, or on my balcony. I pay good rent for that.

This goes on for some time - and it takes a lot of effort to not just walk away. But he lives right next to me, and is gunning for my pets, who are nothing but nice. So I hold my ground, staying polite but repeating they're not leaving.. Eventually he starts calming down, as he's the only one ranting and raving, and invites me in to talk.

Inside he explains to me he's actually allergic to cat hair, and that it's very inflammatory to him. Which checks out becomes on of my cat is a mushroom cloud of shedding right now. We talked for a bit, I made some suggestions and told him I'd try to seal the parts that allow fur to flow onto his balcony. We didn't really come to a verbal agreement, though he seemed ashamed of it. But now I'm afraid it'll happen again, and get EXTREMELY nervous when my cats are out there. I've since patched it with garbage bags temporarily, but I have no idea how well it's working and I'm afraid to ask.

I'm going to stop rambling now - this is long already.
What a story!
You love your cats and he's got allergies to them, I am sorry for the combo for you. I am thinking off the top of my head since you articulated your situation so well, and tried your best to make friends with him-
How about you tell him you are feeding them a reduce shedding type diet food now because of him and brushing them as best you can. If you keep him updated with your handling of this on a more regular basis he will less likely feel like he has to "explode with anger" at the sight of any flying cat hair. You unfortunately have to go out of your way to soothe his anger so he will be chill. It's worth it so you can have your furry friends and they can be safe though.
__________________
Nolite te B a s t a rds es carborundorum
MollyBeGood is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago
PugofCrydee's Avatar
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lost
Posts: 2,312
Thanked 294 Times
PugofCrydee PugofCrydee is offline
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
PugofCrydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lost
Posts: 2,312
Thanked 294 Times
why does the thank button disappear sometimes?
PugofCrydee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago
MollyBeGood's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: genpop
Posts: 3,707
Thanked 331 Times
MollyBeGood MollyBeGood is online now
Elite User
MollyBeGood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: genpop
Posts: 3,707
Thanked 331 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PugofCrydee View Post
why does the thank button disappear sometimes?
I think there is a moratorium on how many thanks one can do in a 24 hr period.

It must be 3-5
__________________
Nolite te B a s t a rds es carborundorum
MollyBeGood is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago
PugofCrydee's Avatar
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lost
Posts: 2,312
Thanked 294 Times
PugofCrydee PugofCrydee is offline
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
PugofCrydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lost
Posts: 2,312
Thanked 294 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyBeGood View Post
I think there is a moratorium on how many thanks one can do in a 24 hr period.

It must be 3-5
Ahhh.. I see I see, I see said the blind man who couldn't see at all...
PugofCrydee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago
theslowesthand's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,525
Thanked 373 Times
theslowesthand theslowesthand is offline
Elite User
theslowesthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,525
Thanked 373 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyBeGood View Post
You guys are freaks!
But we mean well.
theslowesthand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago
theslowesthand's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,525
Thanked 373 Times
theslowesthand theslowesthand is offline
Elite User
theslowesthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,525
Thanked 373 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
i had thoughts that even if you had bad/negative thoughts about yourself, don't call yourself that, it wouldn't do you any better.
That is a good thoughts u just had there! I think it will be goodly for u.
theslowesthand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago
FountainandFairfax's Avatar
I remember a time of chaos... ruined dreams... this wasted land.
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1993
Posts: 3,433
Thanked 421 Times
FountainandFairfax FountainandFairfax is online now
I remember a time of chaos... ruined dreams... this wasted land.
Elite User
FountainandFairfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1993
Posts: 3,433
Thanked 421 Times
Internet connection drops-out for a few hours: "My Lord, I'm missing the whole party. My lifeline to the world has been crudely and cruelly severed."

Ten minutes after it comes back on: "Eh, there's nothing I feel like looking at."
__________________
Last of the V8 Introverts
Ecc. 1:17
FountainandFairfax is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FountainandFairfax For This Useful Post:
F0AM (3 Days Ago)
Old 3 Days Ago
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,283
Thanked 432 Times
Graeme1988 Graeme1988 is offline
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
Graeme1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,283
Thanked 432 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FountainandFairfax View Post
Internet connection drops-out for a few hours: "My Lord, I'm missing the whole party. My lifeline to the world has been crudely and cruelly severed."

Ten minutes after it comes back on: "Eh, there's nothing I feel like looking at."
That how I felt yesterday, when my internet connection wasn't connecting for most of the day.
Graeme1988 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Graeme1988 For This Useful Post:
FountainandFairfax (3 Days Ago)
Old 3 Days Ago
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,283
Thanked 432 Times
Graeme1988 Graeme1988 is offline
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
Graeme1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,283
Thanked 432 Times
Anyone else getting the old layout for this site now, even before ya log in? Or is it just different for me?
Graeme1988 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago
F0AM's Avatar
Intermediate User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 111
Thanked 38 Times
F0AM F0AM is offline
Intermediate User
F0AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 111
Thanked 38 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FountainandFairfax View Post
Internet connection drops-out for a few hours: "My Lord, I'm missing the whole party. My lifeline to the world has been crudely and cruelly severed."

Ten minutes after it comes back on: "Eh, there's nothing I feel like looking at."
THIS IS SO REAL! haha

PC broken
-Me: Oh no!! what am i going to do without all my games now?!! Why are you doing this to me God? just end me!!

PC fixed
-Also me: All this games are garbage, **** this piece of junk!
F0AM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to F0AM For This Useful Post:
FountainandFairfax (3 Days Ago)
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post a random fact about yourself... nerdgirl178 Social Anxiety Australia 2274 12-03-2017 08:11 AM
Post some random information about yourself Angie973 Texts, Poems, Dreams, Phrases... 843 03-28-2016 08:50 PM
Sharing random thoughts and fears. lithiumflower Personal Stories 3 01-09-2014 01:44 PM
Uncertain about myself/strange random thoughts Alluk OCD Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Forum 1 03-28-2011 03:38 PM
Your thoughts and feelings myczarina Social Anxiety Forum 1 08-09-2007 01:39 PM

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:04 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 
Contact Us Privacy