SocialPhobiaWorld.com  
     

Home Today's Posts Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 
Go Back   SocialPhobiaWorld.com > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic
 
Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2017
FountainandFairfax's Avatar
I remember a time of chaos... ruined dreams... this wasted land.
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowesthand View Post
I'd like to think that i could start "living" at some point in my life. But i wouldn't hazard a guess if that will happen. I'm tending not to be very optimistic about it, due to how my life's panned-out to date.
Sounds like me in my twenties and thirties. Up until about 35, when I finally got the memo.

Supposedly I'm going back to therapy soon, we'll see. It would be nice to hold a steady job and support myself, everything else can slide if I could just have that.
FountainandFairfax is offline  
Old 02-18-2017
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowesthand View Post
I'd like to think that i could start "living" at some point in my life. But i wouldn't hazard a guess if that will happen. I'm tending not to be very optimistic about it, due to how my life's panned-out to date.
Same here.



Is there any recovery software that will fully recover corrupted, unreadable files and uncorrupt them - if that makes sense?
Got an ISO file on my laptop I was trying to updating, went to save it and now I can't open it or recover the photos I had on it.
Graeme1988 is offline  
Old 02-18-2017
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 

When will this mistreatment end? Probably never in my case.

It was a simple request. I didn't raise ma voice or swear. Ah even said "please". But my mum just response in this rude, angered tone. I might as well kill maself n' be done with it. Maybe I'll be treated better in death than I was in life?
Graeme1988 is offline  
Old 02-19-2017
theslowesthand's Avatar
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme1988 View Post
Is there any recovery software that will fully recover corrupted, unreadable files and uncorrupt them - if that makes sense?
Got an ISO file on my laptop I was trying to updating, went to save it and now I can't open it or recover the photos I had on it.
Although no surefire way exists to repair ISO files, or any corrupted files for that matter, some select free programs can open damaged ISO files, allowing you to save some, if not all, of the files in the ISO image.

(Google: corrupted ISO file)
theslowesthand is offline  
Old 02-19-2017
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowesthand View Post
Although no surefire way exists to repair ISO files, or any corrupted files for that matter, some select free programs can open damaged ISO files, allowing you to save some, if not all, of the files in the ISO image.

(Google: corrupted ISO file)
Cheers for that reply.
Graeme1988 is offline  
Old 02-19-2017
AtTheGates's Avatar
Expert User
 

I want to get back in bed : (
AtTheGates is offline  
Old 02-19-2017
FountainandFairfax's Avatar
I remember a time of chaos... ruined dreams... this wasted land.
Elite User
 

It's unsettling how bad my nerves are now. It's like all the years of anxiety and tension are finally catching up. I'm still shaking from a disagreement I had with my cousin tonight, is this how it's going to be? Has it gotten to the point where nothing I do will be able to calm me or settle me down? It's going to be a long haul if that's the case.
FountainandFairfax is offline  
Old 02-19-2017
theslowesthand's Avatar
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FountainandFairfax View Post
It's unsettling how bad my nerves are now. It's like all the years of anxiety and tension are finally catching up. I'm still shaking from a disagreement I had with my cousin tonight, is this how it's going to be? Has it gotten to the point where nothing I do will be able to calm me or settle me down? It's going to be a long haul if that's the case.
Have a beer
theslowesthand is offline  
Old 02-19-2017
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 

Hate when insomnia keeps me a wake. Only had 5 hours sleep.

Also I'm thinking about buying some booze - tonic wine, to be more accurate - but probably won't be allowed. Since my mum will make a fuss about it, as she always does.
Because every decision I make for myself is wrong or flawed in some way.
Yet, she never lectures anyone else in family, but me, about her distain for drink.
Graeme1988 is offline  
Old 02-19-2017
BlackPuma's Avatar
Neither black nor a puma.
Elite User
 

I'm getting a workbench, albeit an improvised one. It's going to feel great to have a dedicated spot to work on stuff, rather than having to make due on unstable surfaces that are also either too low or too small all the time.
BlackPuma is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackPuma For This Useful Post:
PugofCrydee (02-20-2017)
Old 02-20-2017
AtTheGates's Avatar
Expert User
 

found out this HUGE guy was extorting a really short/small guy today . it made me really mad that someone would do something like that. he was in the sergents office crying, scared half to death because he said if he doesnt pay the guy then he's going to beat him up...so we switched him to a different dorm.

once you find out that someone is capable of treating someone else like that , you can really never look at them the same ever again. how can a person threaten someone with violence unless they give them weekly payments ? what kind of person DOES that.

I mean really, it makes me sick. I felt so bad for the small guy. I hope he'll be ok in whichever dorm the sergeant decides to send him to.
AtTheGates is offline  
Old 02-20-2017
theslowesthand's Avatar
Elite User
 

FOMO anyone? Or are you a YOLO?

PS It’s silence that gives us the answers. It's what tells us we needn’t worry about making the most out of every minute of this life we are given. The silence that assures us that nothing of “epic” proportions is going on without us.
theslowesthand is offline  
Old 02-20-2017
fate12321's Avatar
Advanced User
 

I feel alone at University. While everyone is out there making friends, I'm stuck in my usual bubble of isolation. I've tried to go out there and be social but I can't help but feel awkward and cringy.
fate12321 is offline  
Old 02-20-2017
PugofCrydee's Avatar
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
 

I wish I could find my yang.
PugofCrydee is offline  
Old 02-20-2017
 

Foooooooooood! I need food!
grammarsweet is offline  
Old 02-20-2017
FountainandFairfax's Avatar
I remember a time of chaos... ruined dreams... this wasted land.
Elite User
 

Coffee is definitely something I've learned to love as I've gotten older.
FountainandFairfax is offline  
Old 02-21-2017
theslowesthand's Avatar
Elite User
 

Yep, coffee is one of my "drugs" of choice. The trick is to consume just the right amount of drugs/chemicals, so you get the effects but not the side-effects. Others i consume regularly are sugar, chocolate, medications, alcohol, fizzy drinks, crisps, biscuits. A good mix of them.
theslowesthand is offline  
Old 02-21-2017
FountainandFairfax's Avatar
I remember a time of chaos... ruined dreams... this wasted land.
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowesthand View Post
Yep, coffee is one of my "drugs" of choice. The trick is to consume just the right amount of drugs/chemicals, so you get the effects but not the side-effects. Others i consume regularly are sugar, chocolate, medications, alcohol, fizzy drinks, crisps, biscuits. A good mix of them.
Caffeine, sugar, and lots of fast-food here. Live slow, die middle-aged, and leave a baaaaaaad looking corpse!
FountainandFairfax is offline  
Old 02-21-2017
theslowesthand's Avatar
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FountainandFairfax View Post
Caffeine, sugar, and lots of fast-food here. Live slow, die middle-aged, and leave a baaaaaaad looking corpse!
These would be the side-effects. The secret is found in moderation.
theslowesthand is offline  
Old 02-21-2017
AtTheGates's Avatar
Expert User
 

I work tomorrow and thursday and then I get my first 3 day weekend of the pay period . something I like about this job is they never make you do more than 3 days in a row..because basically your feet would snap off and you'd collapse. lol
AtTheGates is offline  
Post Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads to Post your random thoughts/feelings etc
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post a random fact about yourself... nerdgirl178 Social Anxiety Australia 2258 09-07-2016 02:47 PM
Post some random information about yourself Angie973 Texts, Poems, Dreams, Phrases... 844 03-28-2016 08:50 PM
Sharing random thoughts and fears. lithiumflower Personal Stories 3 01-09-2014 01:44 PM
Uncertain about myself/strange random thoughts Alluk OCD Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Forum 1 03-28-2011 03:38 PM
Your thoughts and feelings myczarina Social Anxiety Forum 1 08-09-2007 01:39 PM



Mobile Version
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:31 PM.