Old 07-24-2018
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,607
Thanked 500 Times
Graeme1988 Graeme1988 is online now
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
Graeme1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,607
Thanked 500 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
Have you tried the fish oil? (a good brand) it's good for many ailments/conditions? just 1 teaspoon for about each day but if you feel it's too much then you can take less.
I havenít yet, actually. Was going to, but my mother was dismissive of it; despite me not asking for her opinion.
So I kinda thought better of it, than cause an argument over it when this bottle arrives and she starts asking me why I got it.

But Iím going to look into the fish oil again and see how much a bottle of it cost and get some. That is, if itís even sold in the UK?
I know they sell those bottles of fish oil capsules over here.
Graeme1988 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018
Kiwong's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: falling for life wave after wave and never saying goodbye
Posts: 7,777
Thanked 479 Times
Kiwong Kiwong is offline
Elite User
Kiwong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: falling for life wave after wave and never saying goodbye
Posts: 7,777
Thanked 479 Times
spinning my wheels, climbing the walls.
__________________
In my dreams nothing holds me down, there is only out and away. I wish I could die and be reborn as a bird. William Wharton Birdy
Kiwong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018
lily's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,419
Thanked 189 Times
lily lily is offline
Elite User
lily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,419
Thanked 189 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme1988 View Post
I havenít yet, actually. Was going to, but my mother was dismissive of it; despite me not asking for her opinion.
So I kinda thought better of it, than cause an argument over it when this bottle arrives and she starts asking me why I got it.

But Iím going to look into the fish oil again and see how much a bottle of it cost and get some. That is, if itís even sold in the UK?
I know they sell those bottles of fish oil capsules over here.
I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time :/
lily is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018
lily's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,419
Thanked 189 Times
lily lily is offline
Elite User
lily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,419
Thanked 189 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme1988 View Post
I havenít yet, actually. Was going to, but my mother was dismissive of it; despite me not asking for her opinion.
So I kinda thought better of it, than cause an argument over it when this bottle arrives and she starts asking me why I got it.

But Iím going to look into the fish oil again and see how much a bottle of it cost and get some. That is, if itís even sold in the UK?
I know they sell those bottles of fish oil capsules over here.
i think perhaps at first your mom would be against it but after if you get a good brand and take it and get better you could be an example.
lily is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018
PugofCrydee's Avatar
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,174
Thanked 522 Times
PugofCrydee PugofCrydee is offline
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
PugofCrydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,174
Thanked 522 Times
A bit somber..

I feel myself getting older. I look back on my life and can actually see time passing.
One day I will die and my life will be over.
As I get closer to the end of days, I feel I'm getting closer to the meaning of life.

Funny heh...I'll probably have the answer when it's too damn late to do anything about it.
PugofCrydee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,607
Thanked 500 Times
Graeme1988 Graeme1988 is online now
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
Graeme1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,607
Thanked 500 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time :/

i think perhaps at first your mom would be against it but after if you get a good brand and take it and get better you could be an example.
You're right... I think I'll do that once my disability benefit payments get transferred to my bank account next month.
Graeme1988 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,607
Thanked 500 Times
Graeme1988 Graeme1988 is online now
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
Graeme1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,607
Thanked 500 Times
Woke up, still sore. And... I've got lump just above my collarbone on my left side.
Graeme1988 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018
PugofCrydee's Avatar
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,174
Thanked 522 Times
PugofCrydee PugofCrydee is offline
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
PugofCrydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,174
Thanked 522 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme1988 View Post
Woke up, still sore. And... I've got lump just above my collarbone on my left side.
Get it checked out asap mate. Don't muck around with that s h i t
PugofCrydee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018
NathanielWingatePeaslee's Avatar
Super Moderator
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cygnus X-1
Posts: 4,025
Thanked 136 Times
NathanielWingatePeaslee NathanielWingatePeaslee is offline
Super Moderator
Elite User
NathanielWingatePeaslee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cygnus X-1
Posts: 4,025
Thanked 136 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme1988 View Post
Woke up, still sore. And... I've got lump just above my collarbone on my left side.
My guess would be a swollen lymph node from some infection you're fighting.



But yeah, talking to a doctor is much safer than guessing. Especially if it's been there a while without going away.
__________________
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
NathanielWingatePeaslee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,607
Thanked 500 Times
Graeme1988 Graeme1988 is online now
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
Graeme1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,607
Thanked 500 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PugofCrydee View Post
Get it checked out asap mate. Don't muck around with that s h i t
Intending to do so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanielWingatePeaslee View Post
My guess would be a swollen lymph node from some infection you're fighting.



But yeah, talking to a doctor is much safer than guessing. Especially if it's been there a while without going away.
That sounds about right, Nathan. I haven't exactly been feeling too good, lately; a wee bit blocked up. But still, I'll get it checked out just to on the safe side.
Graeme1988 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,607
Thanked 500 Times
Graeme1988 Graeme1988 is online now
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
Graeme1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,607
Thanked 500 Times
What's the best way to deal with people who say they care about you, but their actions don't match their words?
Narcissistic c*%!$, basically. Cuz...
Just leaving this situation would be much easier if I was financially secure enough live independently. And y'know... not disabled.

Last edited by Graeme1988; 07-25-2018 at 01:06 PM.
Graeme1988 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018
Mostly comes out at night...mostly.
Expert User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 628
Thanked 252 Times
Sarah_M Sarah_M is offline
Mostly comes out at night...mostly.
Expert User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 628
Thanked 252 Times
Trying to get over having my feelings hurt by my sister last night. She made me feel pretty shitty and even more unattractive. My gym crush was working last night and checked me in. We made consistent eye contact like we usually do. I went to hand him my keys and he fumbled a bit and said "sorry, I got distracted". I thought he meant by looking at me and asked my sister to help decode his behavior. She said: "distracted by what? A pretty girl behind you" - I was seriously so crushed. Maybe she's right - I mean, why would he want to date me? Maybe he wasn't looking at me the whole time like I thought. Maybe I am misinterpreting his body language. FML :(
Sarah_M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,607
Thanked 500 Times
Graeme1988 Graeme1988 is online now
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
Graeme1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,607
Thanked 500 Times
Just had endure another argument between mother n' daughter wherein I wasn't allowed to defuse. D'ye know how embarrassing it is listen to your older sister, who's almost 40, angrily raising her voice as her mother tells her she feel unable to converse with her youngest daughter because she always shouting?

I'm seriously considering suicide at this point.
Graeme1988 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018
F0AM's Avatar
Intermediate User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 291
Thanked 166 Times
F0AM F0AM is offline
Intermediate User
F0AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 291
Thanked 166 Times
Sarah, that's your sister talking, not that man. Don't know why she is like that but don't let Her ruin the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah_M View Post
I mean, why would he want to date me?
Judging by the The pics i've seen of you, you are a pretty good looking woman With this Happy look on your face, which is a very good thing. You send good vibes!

You go to the gym so probably you have a healthy and nice body too

You are funny and have a good sense of humor

You have a job and soon a drivers license too, you'll be able yo take your Prince wherever he wants haha

You like horror! Lol this may sound like i'm joking but i could NEVER ever date someone who's not into horror stuff.....and here i am...single...forever....#foreveralone #noonelovesme #dontcareihaveicecream

Really Sarah don't listent to your sister. You're worth much. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The only thing preventing you from having a BF is probably your SA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah_M View Post
Maybe he wasn't looking at me the whole time like I thought. Maybe I am misinterpreting his body language. FML :(
Yeah maybe he was staring at the infinite while having an epiphany!

Jokes aside, if this man is constantly looking at you, he's most likely interested in you.
F0AM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to F0AM For This Useful Post:
BlueDays (07-25-2018), Sarah_M (07-25-2018)
Old 07-25-2018
Mostly comes out at night...mostly.
Expert User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 628
Thanked 252 Times
Sarah_M Sarah_M is offline
Mostly comes out at night...mostly.
Expert User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 628
Thanked 252 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F0AM View Post
Sarah, that's your sister talking, not that man. Don't know why she is like that but don't let Her ruin the moment.



Judging by the The pics i've seen of you, you are a pretty good looking woman With this Happy look on your face, which is a very good thing. You send good vibes!

You go to the gym so probably you have a healthy and nice body too

You are funny and have a good sense of humor

You have a job and soon a drivers license too, you'll be able yo take your Prince wherever he wants haha

You like horror! Lol this may sound like i'm joking but i could NEVER ever date someone who's not into horror stuff.....and here i am...single...forever....#foreveralone #noonelovesme #dontcareihaveicecream

Really Sarah don't listent to your sister. You're worth much. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The only thing preventing you from having a BF is probably your SA.



Yeah maybe he was staring at the infinite while having an epiphany!

Jokes aside, if this man is constantly looking at you, he's most likely interested in you.
F0AM, I love you. Thank you for lifting my spirits, friend

My sister apologized for hurting my feelings, but the things is, I know my sister - it wasn't said to be mean, but because it was the truth. That makes it hurt worse.

Maybe it's just all in my head? I mean, passed checking me in to the gym, neither of us initiates contact with the other person. However, I still do feel like his gaze lingers when he looks at me. I don't know *shrug*. I'm going to try to talk to him next time I go in, so we'll see.

Surprisingly (for as much as I workout), my body isn't in super model shape, however I am pretty healthy.

I couldn't date anyone who doesn't like horror either! I feel like that's kind of a deal breaker... also, metal. I don't know if I could be with someone who doesn't like metal or at least a good portion of the same music I like. Music is like a lover to me, so that would be hard.

I've set up an appointment with a counselor, so hopefully I can work things out emotionally.

Thanks again, F0AM
Sarah_M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018
BlueDays's Avatar
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Elite User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In my secret hiding place.
Posts: 10,121
Thanked 475 Times
BlueDays BlueDays is offline
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Elite User
BlueDays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In my secret hiding place.
Posts: 10,121
Thanked 475 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah_M View Post
My sister apologized for hurting my feelings, but the things is, I know my sister - it wasn't said to be mean, but because it was the truth. That makes it hurt worse.
You say your sister was not trying to be mean, but think about the words she used; "distracted by what? A pretty girl behind you".
Honestly, who says that a guy must be looking at a pretty girl behind you - therefore implying that you are not pretty, so it must a girl behind you - and doesn't realise how hurtful that comment would be to the person when they are saying it, let alone to your own sister!?

Sarah honey, we have all seen your photo in here, you are an exceptionally pretty girl!! Your sister just comes across as being jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah_M View Post
Maybe it's just all in my head? I mean, passed checking me in to the gym, neither of us initiates contact with the other person. However, I still do feel like his gaze lingers when he looks at me. I don't know *shrug*. I'm going to try to talk to him next time I go in, so we'll see.
I agree with FOAM, if he is constantly looking at you, it's for a reason, and that reason is most likely that he is interested in you. Why else would he be constantly maintaining eye contact with you?? Think about it.

You also need to believe us when we have all agreed on how holistically beautiful you are Sarah!

Last edited by BlueDays; 07-25-2018 at 11:32 PM.
BlueDays is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueDays For This Useful Post:
Sarah_M (07-26-2018)
Old 07-26-2018
Mostly comes out at night...mostly.
Expert User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 628
Thanked 252 Times
Sarah_M Sarah_M is offline
Mostly comes out at night...mostly.
Expert User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 628
Thanked 252 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDays View Post
You say your sister was not trying to be mean, but think about the words she used; "distracted by what? A pretty girl behind you".
Honestly, who says that a guy must be looking at a pretty girl behind you - therefore implying that you are not pretty, so it must a girl behind you - and doesn't realise how hurtful that comment would be to the person when they are saying it, let alone to your own sister!?

Sarah honey, we have all seen your photo in here, you are an exceptionally pretty girl!! Your sister just comes across as being jealous.


I agree with FOAM, if he is constantly looking at you, it's for a reason, and that reason is most likely that he is interested in you. Why else would he be constantly maintaining eye contact with you?? Think about it.

You also need to believe us when we have all agreed on how holistically beautiful you are Sarah!
Thank you, Blue. You're so sweet - I really appreciate the kind words. My mental health has not been very good lately - worse than normal. I can't seem to get the negative thoughts out.

I am seeing a therapist soon, thankfully.
Sarah_M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018
vj288's Avatar
Grand champion orangutan wrangler, welterweight class
Elite User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Under the waves...
Posts: 4,054
Thanked 241 Times
vj288 vj288 is offline
Grand champion orangutan wrangler, welterweight class
Elite User
vj288's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Under the waves...
Posts: 4,054
Thanked 241 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah_M View Post
Trying to get over having my feelings hurt by my sister last night. She made me feel pretty shitty and even more unattractive. My gym crush was working last night and checked me in. We made consistent eye contact like we usually do. I went to hand him my keys and he fumbled a bit and said "sorry, I got distracted". I thought he meant by looking at me and asked my sister to help decode his behavior. She said: "distracted by what? A pretty girl behind you" - I was seriously so crushed. Maybe she's right - I mean, why would he want to date me? Maybe he wasn't looking at me the whole time like I thought. Maybe I am misinterpreting his body language. FML :(
I've done a little decoding myself, and this is my theory. So I think Cute Gym Guy was distracted by something behind you, because by now he must have your face memorized and also he may worry that you have caught him staring, so he looks past you to keep his focus on checking you in. This plan backfires when behind you there is a mirror, and reflected in it there is then a very distracting booty looking him in the face.

I have an elliptical machine in my basement I used all winter, and by the start of spring I had a booty I found myself distracted by. So if Cute Gym Guy looks away to avoid Cute_Face_of_Sarah_M, and is then greeted by Sarah_M's_Booty - Gym Edition, frankly I am impressed he was able to properly function long enough to check you in before going into a mini-coma.
__________________
I'm a stranger to myself

"If you don't imagine, then nothing ever happens at all"
vj288 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vj288 For This Useful Post:
BlueDays (07-26-2018), FountainandFairfax (07-26-2018), Sarah_M (07-26-2018)
Old 07-26-2018
Mostly comes out at night...mostly.
Expert User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 628
Thanked 252 Times
Sarah_M Sarah_M is offline
Mostly comes out at night...mostly.
Expert User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 628
Thanked 252 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj288 View Post
I've done a little decoding myself, and this is my theory. So I think Cute Gym Guy was distracted by something behind you, because by now he must have your face memorized and also he may worry that you have caught him staring, so he looks past you to keep his focus on checking you in. This plan backfires when behind you there is a mirror, and reflected in it there is then a very distracting booty looking him in the face.

I have an elliptical machine in my basement I used all winter, and by the start of spring I had a booty I found myself distracted by. So if Cute Gym Guy looks away to avoid Cute_Face_of_Sarah_M, and is then greeted by Sarah_M's_Booty - Gym Edition, frankly I am impressed he was able to properly function long enough to check you in before going into a mini-coma.


Omg, his is the best theory I have ever heard lol. Thank you, vj288 - you make me laugh
Sarah_M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,607
Thanked 500 Times
Graeme1988 Graeme1988 is online now
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
Graeme1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,607
Thanked 500 Times
Not too good at the moment. But then things would probably be a lot better if the family support I get wasn't so superficial. Being treat like a jokes doesnae help, either. Just saying that you love someone means feck all if you continuously treat them as though they don't matter to you.

Last edited by Graeme1988; 07-26-2018 at 04:42 PM.
Graeme1988 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone else get this feeling? that_shy_guy Shyness Forum 22 02-01-2013 04:31 PM
Feeling down Angel_Of_Death Social Anxiety Forum 7 01-26-2013 07:50 PM
Feeling a bit low sum101 Social Anxiety Forum 10 08-09-2012 05:05 PM
Pee feeling? Meow Social Anxiety Forum 56 09-10-2011 09:51 AM
The feeling of not being there Heartbeat Social Anxiety Forum 6 03-30-2006 07:05 AM

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:27 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
 
Contact Us Privacy