Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3 Weeks Ago
BlueDays's Avatar
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Elite User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In my secret hiding place.
Posts: 9,751
Thanked 325 Times
BlueDays BlueDays is offline
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Elite User
BlueDays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In my secret hiding place.
Posts: 9,751
Thanked 325 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappatown420 View Post
Not only do I not have anyone to do that for me, I know it wouldn't be possible. I just can't physically do it.

I tried making an appointment with my general doctor on Friday but he is over a month out.

I was convinced that maybe it was because I had been prescribed Ativan and was taking that at night as well as my "sleeping meds" Remeron. So last night I didn't take them, was in bed by 10pm. I feel asleep at almost 6 AM. Dragged myself out of bed to shower for work late in the day and went straight back to bed. I can't even put on makeup I'm so tired, and my face is horrible from crying for days. I just wake up and cry for hours now. I didn't make the appointment because I was trying to talk them into doing something sooner because I don't even know if I will be alive next month.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to just straight up switch general practitioners. I really don't like him as a doctor and last year he refused to refill my anti-depressants while I was in a crisis because "it didn't feel right" even though I was waiting months for a pych and could get it because there aren't enough doctors.

It's getting really rough and if I didn't have a problem with eating food right now I would most likely check myself into a mental hospital.

I feel like just deleting this, who the **** cares. I prayed to God, Jesus, my dad, Buddah, anyone that's out there. It never helps.
Totally agree that you should see a different GP, cappatown.
Not refilling your antidepressants while you were in a crisis, just because he thought it "didn't feel right" !? wtf! He sounds dangerously incompetent.
I hope your new your new GP is more understanding and can help you. Good luck.
BlueDays is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago
cappatown420's Avatar
Intermediate User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Oregon
Posts: 142
Thanked 23 Times
cappatown420 cappatown420 is offline
Intermediate User
cappatown420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Oregon
Posts: 142
Thanked 23 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDays View Post
Totally agree that you should see a different GP, cappatown.
Not refilling your antidepressants while you were in a crisis, just because he thought it "didn't feel right" !? wtf! He sounds dangerously incompetent.
I hope your new your new GP is more understanding and can help you. Good luck.
Hopefully I can wake up tomorrow in time to do that. I can't wait over a month to see somebody right now. I told the ER today I didn't make that appointment because it was so far out that I didn't know if I would still be alive then.

The lady from Suicide Hotline suggusted maybe an eating disorder clinic would help me as well.

I feel like I should be inpatient SOMEWHERE just don't know where the best place would be. I've been to the mental hospital here and it's horrible I never want to go back there.
cappatown420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cappatown420 For This Useful Post:
BlueDays (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Kiwong's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: falling for life wave after wave and never saying goodbye
Posts: 7,658
Thanked 397 Times
Kiwong Kiwong is offline
Elite User
Kiwong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: falling for life wave after wave and never saying goodbye
Posts: 7,658
Thanked 397 Times
I did a shuffling jog down the hospital corridor today
__________________
In my dreams nothing holds me down, there is only out and away. I wish I could die and be reborn as a bird. William Wharton Birdy
Kiwong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiwong For This Useful Post:
FountainandFairfax (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago
BlueDays's Avatar
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Elite User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In my secret hiding place.
Posts: 9,751
Thanked 325 Times
BlueDays BlueDays is offline
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Elite User
BlueDays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In my secret hiding place.
Posts: 9,751
Thanked 325 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwong View Post
I did a shuffling jog down the hospital corridor today


I hope you were humming the Rocky theme in your head - to give you some inspiration, Kiwong?
BlueDays is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueDays For This Useful Post:
Kiwong (3 Weeks Ago), PugofCrydee (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Kiwong's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: falling for life wave after wave and never saying goodbye
Posts: 7,658
Thanked 397 Times
Kiwong Kiwong is offline
Elite User
Kiwong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: falling for life wave after wave and never saying goodbye
Posts: 7,658
Thanked 397 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDays View Post


I hope you were humming the Rocky theme in your head - to give you some inspiration, Kiwong?
The song was playing while i was exercising
__________________
In my dreams nothing holds me down, there is only out and away. I wish I could die and be reborn as a bird. William Wharton Birdy
Kiwong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago
vj288's Avatar
Grand champion orangutan wrangler, welterweight class
Elite User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Under the waves...
Posts: 3,978
Thanked 167 Times
vj288 vj288 is offline
Grand champion orangutan wrangler, welterweight class
Elite User
vj288's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Under the waves...
Posts: 3,978
Thanked 167 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappatown420 View Post
What? Do you live in the US? I've never heard anything like that, and I'm honestly confused to whether you know I'm talking about for a sleep study, I have a hard time remembering what day it really is.

I'd be pretty shocked, because I get state insurance.

Also realized I have been getting sleep paralysis, it has never involved demons or weird shit so I didn't think that's what it was. I do have disturbing dreams when it happens, just not as bad as what I heard is normal.
Sorry, maybe I didn't quite understand what you were talking about. I was thinking "sleep studies" as a literal study where people have you stay in the hospital an monitor your sleep, for science, both people with sleep disorders and without. For the state I live in there is a website with a list of different paid studies, from sleep studies to studies for people with about every different type of mental illness or chronic illness in the book.

Sorry you are going through a rough patch at the moment, I hope things turn for the better soon.
__________________
I'm a stranger to myself

"If you don't imagine, then nothing ever happens at all"
vj288 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago
grapevine's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,060
Thanked 134 Times
grapevine grapevine is offline
Elite User
grapevine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,060
Thanked 134 Times
Its freezing tonight. Down to 4 'C.
__________________
KAZAM

~Truely be your best friend- try to see yourself with unconditional compassion '
grapevine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Marc7's Avatar
Expert User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 691
Thanked 3 Times
Marc7 Marc7 is offline
Expert User
Marc7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 691
Thanked 3 Times
Surprisingly I felt good these past two days , but I have suppressed what I want to do due to anxiety and fear of the unknown. We will see if today is different.
Marc7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,346
Thanked 443 Times
Graeme1988 Graeme1988 is online now
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
Graeme1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,346
Thanked 443 Times
Donít know what to do with my life, I feel devoid of any sorta purpose. Donít feel that I really matter to anyone in my family. Well, I matter when itís convenient to care. Stuck, I guess would be the best way of putting it.
Graeme1988 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago
lily's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,201
Thanked 164 Times
lily lily is offline
Elite User
lily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,201
Thanked 164 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappatown420 View Post
Not only do I not have anyone to do that for me, I know it wouldn't be possible. I just can't physically do it.

I tried making an appointment with my general doctor on Friday but he is over a month out.

I was convinced that maybe it was because I had been prescribed Ativan and was taking that at night as well as my "sleeping meds" Remeron. So last night I didn't take them, was in bed by 10pm. I feel asleep at almost 6 AM. Dragged myself out of bed to shower for work late in the day and went straight back to bed. I can't even put on makeup I'm so tired, and my face is horrible from crying for days. I just wake up and cry for hours now. I didn't make the appointment because I was trying to talk them into doing something sooner because I don't even know if I will be alive next month.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to just straight up switch general practitioners. I really don't like him as a doctor and last year he refused to refill my anti-depressants while I was in a crisis because "it didn't feel right" even though I was waiting months for a pych and could get it because there aren't enough doctors.

It's getting really rough and if I didn't have a problem with eating food right now I would most likely check myself into a mental hospital.

I feel like just deleting this, who the **** cares. I prayed to God, Jesus, my dad, Buddah, anyone that's out there. It never helps.
I understand that you can't physically do it. i felt that w/ my medication and then lowered it. Wish you good luck on what you wish to happen.
lily is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Banned
Elite User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,661
Thanked 395 Times
theslowesthand theslowesthand is offline
Banned
Elite User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,661
Thanked 395 Times
This is where i'm at: F*CK THIS LIFE!!!
The boredom keeps reaching new heights.
I REALLY HATE my life, but that's nothing new.
I'd gladly swap lives with any of you.

Last edited by theslowesthand; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:28 AM.
theslowesthand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago
PugofCrydee's Avatar
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 2,538
Thanked 356 Times
PugofCrydee PugofCrydee is offline
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
PugofCrydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Behind you
Posts: 2,538
Thanked 356 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowesthand View Post
This is where i'm at: F*CK THIS LIFE!!!
The boredom keeps reaching new heights.
I REALLY HATE my life, but that's nothing new.
I'd gladly swap lives with any of you.
Put yourself out of your comfort zone, travel. Even if its a day trip to the next town. You might find you enjoy it...

Go on slowest, I dare you!! ☺

Last edited by PugofCrydee; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:07 AM.
PugofCrydee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,346
Thanked 443 Times
Graeme1988 Graeme1988 is online now
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
Graeme1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,346
Thanked 443 Times
Still upset about what my mother said yesterday, during a conversation with my oldest sister. My mum was going on about how she can't put up with the way things are much longer, how she wants to pack up and just leave. But any time ah say the exact same thing, the story changes to...
"PLEASE!! Dinnae leave me, ah wouldnae know what tae do without ye!"


Funny how they never seem to care about how I'm doing in all this. Well, aside from having an excuse to use my own problems against me and make me feel like shit. Ooh, gossip! Summit else to chat about over yer tea n' biscuits.
Graeme1988 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,346
Thanked 443 Times
Graeme1988 Graeme1988 is online now
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
Graeme1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,346
Thanked 443 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowesthand View Post
I'd gladly swap lives with any of you.
Nah! Ya don't wanna swap lives with me, trust me on that.
Graeme1988 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Graeme1988 For This Useful Post:
FountainandFairfax (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago
FountainandFairfax's Avatar
I remember a time of chaos... ruined dreams... this wasted land.
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,582
Thanked 498 Times
FountainandFairfax FountainandFairfax is offline
I remember a time of chaos... ruined dreams... this wasted land.
Elite User
FountainandFairfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,582
Thanked 498 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme1988 View Post
Nah! Ya don't wanna swap lives with me, trust me on that.
I shouldn't laugh, but that cracked me up, Graeme.
__________________
Last of the V8 Introverts

FountainandFairfax is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,346
Thanked 443 Times
Graeme1988 Graeme1988 is online now
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
Graeme1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,346
Thanked 443 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FountainandFairfax View Post
I shouldn't laugh, but that cracked me up, Graeme.
Fair enough. Wasn't my intention, but I'm glad ya got a laugh outta my comment. I'm guessing ye read that in a Scottish accent? Otherwise, as ye said, ye shouldn't have laughed.
Graeme1988 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Mostly comes out at night...mostly.
Expert User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 561
Thanked 205 Times
Sarah_M Sarah_M is offline
Mostly comes out at night...mostly.
Expert User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 561
Thanked 205 Times
Feeling sorry for myself...again. Everyone in my life keeps reminding me of my singlehood. I lie and say that I don't want a boyfriend - maybe I'm trying to convince myself, but the truth is: that's all I want. They say love will find you when you're not looking, but how can I stop looking when it's something I really want?

It's frustrating how complicated this is for me because it's not as easy as just finding someone I'm attracted to - it's far more complicated than that. I am insecure about my appearance and push people away to avoid getting close because I don't want them to see my flaws - how ugly I actually am. I know I have BDD because it is all consuming sometimes. I keep telling myself that I will die alone and never be married. I know I am sending mixed signals into the universe by doing this stuff...

I went to the zoo on Sunday and saw all of these families with children/couples and I have never felt the void so much - it's painful to think that may never happen for me. Especially considering that I am getting older and have a finite number of eggs - men will never understand this fear. The loud ticking of your biological clock - like Captain Hook and the crocodile. I hope this isn't forever... :(
Sarah_M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago
lily's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,201
Thanked 164 Times
lily lily is offline
Elite User
lily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,201
Thanked 164 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah_M View Post
Feeling sorry for myself...again. Everyone in my life keeps reminding me of my singlehood. I lie and say that I don't want a boyfriend - maybe I'm trying to convince myself, but the truth is: that's all I want. They say love will find you when you're not looking, but how can I stop looking when it's something I really want?

It's frustrating how complicated this is for me because it's not as easy as just finding someone I'm attracted to - it's far more complicated than that. I am insecure about my appearance and push people away to avoid getting close because I don't want them to see my flaws - how ugly I actually am. I know I have BDD because it is all consuming sometimes. I keep telling myself that I will die alone and never be married. I know I am sending mixed signals into the universe by doing this stuff...

I went to the zoo on Sunday and saw all of these families with children/couples and I have never felt the void so much - it's painful to think that may never happen for me. Especially considering that I am getting older and have a finite number of eggs - men will never understand this fear. The loud ticking of your biological clock - like Captain Hook and the crocodile. I hope this isn't forever... :(
i know, it's hard to find that partner where the energies r just closing in on you two putting you guys together. i hope you and i find that. i feel like a loser b/c i have obstacles in the way but I'm working on it now and starting next month. i know people r probably going to judge me on this as i talk. lol

Last edited by lily; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:17 AM.
lily is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago
lily's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,201
Thanked 164 Times
lily lily is offline
Elite User
lily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,201
Thanked 164 Times
i know you're insecure Sarah_M, but there are people who aren't good-looking (or so you believe) and they still have partners.
lily is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Banned
Elite User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,661
Thanked 395 Times
theslowesthand theslowesthand is offline
Banned
Elite User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,661
Thanked 395 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PugofCrydee View Post
Put yourself out of your comfort zone, travel. Even if its a day trip to the next town. You might find you enjoy it...

Go on slowest, I dare you!! ☺
It's hard to go out of my comfort zone, as it's a habit (of staying in my comfort zone) i've had my whole life, and it's only gotten stronger as the years went by.
theslowesthand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone else get this feeling? that_shy_guy Shyness Forum 22 02-01-2013 04:31 PM
Feeling down Angel_Of_Death Social Anxiety Forum 7 01-26-2013 07:50 PM
Feeling a bit low sum101 Social Anxiety Forum 10 08-09-2012 05:05 PM
Pee feeling? Meow Social Anxiety Forum 56 09-10-2011 09:51 AM
The feeling of not being there Heartbeat Social Anxiety Forum 6 03-30-2006 07:05 AM

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:56 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 
Contact Us Privacy