SocialPhobiaWorld.com  
     

Home Today's Posts Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 
Go Back   SocialPhobiaWorld.com > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic
 
Search this Thread
Old 08-11-2017
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FountainandFairfax View Post
I just hate the heat.
Oh, tell me about it. Though, a warm day is rare where I from. That said, we'll complain about the heat if we get more than one warm day. Typically, the small-talk if we get one day of sunshine, and yer out n' about, goes:
"Nice day innit?"
"Oh aye! Long may it last, eh? Long may it last"
"It'll probably rain afore the end o' the week"
Then, by the day 3, we're sayin' things like: "This heat... Ah cannae take much mair o' it. It's too warm"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FountainandFairfax View Post
I wear black shirts and long pants at all times, so I can't even go to the mailbox without feeling like I need to take a shower.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FountainandFairfax View Post
I imagine the gloom does get old around there in Scotland. I had a friend who lived in London and she said it was very depressing.
It does. But it's quite a pessimistic place, Scotland. Och! But ye get used to it. After awhile, the "Aye", nod n' agree response just becomes second nature, whenever someone say something negative.

Don't know if London's as depressing. I mean, I've only ever visited and stay there for a few days when my uncle talked me, my mum and oldest sister to visiting for a week during the summer back in the mid-to-late 1990s.
Graeme1988 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Graeme1988 For This Useful Post:
AtTheGates (08-12-2017), FountainandFairfax (08-11-2017)
Old 08-11-2017
AtTheGates's Avatar
Expert User
 

took some of my comp time today to just contemplate the future (mainly career wise)

sometimes I really just need to get away from ALL people so I can maintain a positive vibe. tbh, I can't stand when I go to my spot at the river and someone else is already there... : /


anyway, saw an interesting documentary earlier on amazon video about near-death experiences. The documentary is called "Afterlife"


theres this one part where they are interviewing a woman who flatlined while she was under anesthesia and what she said about her near death experience was really interesting. she said it was the most loving feeling she had ever felt in her whole life as she walked down a tunnel of light.

Then she went on to say that people try to "plug into" material things to make them happy as well as "plug into" other people. like you get a new car and that makes you happy for a while but then it fades...you get your paycheck and go on a shopping spree but the happiness from THAT fades also...go on a date and that is kind of fun for a while but then it fades..and some people do drugs but of COURSE that always fades ..anyway, she gave all these different examples and then she said she finally realized that the only thing that truly makes her happy is getting close to god...and there are MANY ways to do that (praying is one of them)..I suppose that almost dying is the only thing that made her realize that though..which is unfortunate.

but for ME personally, getting close to god can be done by enjoying nature (hiking, jogging, photography, etc) ...and thats something ANYONE can do.


anyway, and then THAT made me think of Saint Francis and also Hildegard von Bingen and how they were so close with nature ...I mean, they may have been a bit OUT THERE but despite that I think they were on to something with some of their teachings.


anyway, I also read this earlier today...im not trying to say that praying is some kind of magical "cure-all" but there is something more to it than many people might think.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...enefits-prayer
AtTheGates is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to AtTheGates For This Useful Post:
Graeme1988 (08-11-2017)
Old 08-12-2017
theslowesthand's Avatar
Elite User
 

I don't mind the summer heat, and the constant sweating, and the stuffy air. I've gotten used to it.

It's winter that i "dislike". My energy can drop really low.

Mind you, i am skinny/slim, so i feel the cold & can handle the heat.
theslowesthand is offline  
Old 08-12-2017
theslowesthand's Avatar
Elite User
 

theslowesthand is offline  
Old 08-12-2017
FountainandFairfax's Avatar
I remember a time of chaos... ruined dreams... this wasted land.
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowesthand View Post
I don't mind the summer heat, and the constant sweating, and the stuffy air. I've gotten used to it.

It's winter that i "dislike". My energy can drop really low.

Mind you, i am skinny/slim, so i feel the cold & can handle the heat.
Yeah, the heat's definitely not as bad when I'm in shape.
FountainandFairfax is offline  
Old 08-12-2017
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowesthand View Post
This... This is how I've been feeling for a long time now.
Graeme1988 is offline  
Old 08-12-2017
AtTheGates's Avatar
Expert User
 

alright I just want to say I would never do this but my sister showed me this video a little while ago and we were talking about how great it would be if a group of people had showed up at the riots in Virginia and just started doing a corny/cheesy flash mob dance to de-escalate the situation. all the protesters would just be like "wait.....what!?" and start laughing and having fun instead of arguing and fighting .


who knows if that would work (to counteract the violence) but its worth a try . lol.....IM not going to do it though .haha

AtTheGates is offline  
Old 08-13-2017
theslowesthand's Avatar
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheGates View Post
alright I just want to say I would never do this but my sister showed me this video a little while ago and we were talking about how great it would be if a group of people had showed up at the riots in Virginia and just started doing a corny/cheesy flash mob dance to de-escalate the situation. all the protesters would just be like "wait.....what!?" and start laughing and having fun instead of arguing and fighting .


who knows if that would work (to counteract the violence) but its worth a try . lol.....IM not going to do it though .haha
Yeah yeah, i can see it now ... the rioters start dancing, and they have a big "dance-off" like in the michael jackson video "beat it"
theslowesthand is offline  
Old 08-13-2017
AtTheGates's Avatar
Expert User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowesthand View Post
Yeah yeah, i can see it now ... the rioters start dancing, and they have a big "dance-off" like in the michael jackson video "beat it"

haha

then one of the KKK members joins in and starts dancing along to it and the other members are like "Jethro, what the hell are you doing!?!? cut it out!"
AtTheGates is offline  
Old 08-13-2017
theslowesthand's Avatar
Elite User
 

My life's one massive disappointment, to my family, but especially to myself.
And life as a human is a huge letdown.
theslowesthand is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theslowesthand For This Useful Post:
defiance (08-13-2017), Graeme1988 (08-13-2017)
Old 08-13-2017
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowesthand View Post
My life's one massive disappointment, to my family, but especially to myself.
And life as a human is a huge letdown.
Ma life's just yin huge f*ckin' mistake. I never should've came intae existence. And had I knew I'd be spending much of my life being treated like shit... Hell! I'd happily have died at birth, as I almost did.
Graeme1988 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Graeme1988 For This Useful Post:
defiance (08-13-2017)
Old 08-13-2017
defiance's Avatar
Expert User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowesthand View Post
My life's one massive disappointment, to my family, but especially to myself.
And life as a human is a huge letdown.
I don't think I could have said this any better if I tried because this is exactly how I feel about my life as well.

I wish I didn't exist either Graeme. In fact when I was 1 or maybe 2 years old, I was told that I had gotten really sick and I almost didn't make it. I wish that I hadn't.
defiance is offline  
Old 08-13-2017
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 

"Are ye awrite?", my oldest sibling asks, all concerned. Ah just give the generic "Aye, fine", answer - cuz it's better than being honest n' tellin' tha f*ckin' truth at this point. That seems just cause trouble in my family. Even when yer just trying to calm a violatile situation.

I mean I'm fine on the outside, inside not so great.

But it doesnae look like I'll be around for much longer, the way things are going. I out stayed ma welcome in the world long ago. Not that it wus much of a welcome. Being treated like ye never belonged yer whole life. Mind you, it's probably for the best, all things considered.
Graeme1988 is offline  
Old 08-13-2017
Marc7's Avatar
Expert User
 

Frustrated and angry because I can't respond to comments I disagree with or make me angry because I'm not assertive, educated on that topic, or scared/anxious too. I guess I have to think I can do it but i still feel those feelings.

I'm also angry because certain people aren't responding to me anymore. I don't know why but it's getting annoying because always happens to me.
Marc7 is offline  
Old 08-13-2017
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc7 View Post
I'm also angry because certain people aren't responding to me anymore. I don't know why but it's getting annoying because always happens to me.
Is this in reference to me, Marc? If not, then sorry if I've read into this post.
Graeme1988 is offline  
Old 08-14-2017
Marc7's Avatar
Expert User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme1988 View Post
Is this in reference to me, Marc? If not, then sorry if I've read into this post.
It isn't about you. Hope I didn't offend you as it been happening to me in general. Hope you understand.
Marc7 is offline  
Old 08-14-2017
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc7 View Post
It isn't about you. Hope I didn't offend you as it been happening to me in general. Hope you understand.
No worries. If anything, I thought I'd offended you. Sorry, I just paranoid after yesterday when I made the mistake of asking my older sister to calm down during an argument because she was shouting.
Graeme1988 is offline  
Old 08-14-2017
Marc7's Avatar
Expert User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme1988 View Post
No worries. If anything, I thought I'd offended you. Sorry, I just paranoid after yesterday when I made the mistake of asking my older sister to calm down during an argument because she was shouting.
Nope you didn't offend me. Why would you think you offended me? Sorry that happened, hope everything gets better.
Marc7 is offline  
Old 08-14-2017
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc7 View Post
Nope you didn't offend me. Why would you think you offended me?
Because of that bit in your previous post about people not responding to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc7 View Post
Sorry that happened, hope everything gets better.
Thanks for showing far more optimism for my family situation than I have.
Graeme1988 is offline  
Old 08-14-2017
Marc7's Avatar
Expert User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme1988 View Post
Because of that bit in your previous post about people not responding to you.
Oh I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme1988 View Post
Thanks for showing far more optimism for my family situation than I have.
You're welcome. If you don't mind me asking, what has been happening?
Marc7 is offline  
Post Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads to How are you feeling?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone else get this feeling? that_shy_guy Shyness Forum 22 02-01-2013 04:31 PM
Feeling down Angel_Of_Death Social Anxiety Forum 7 01-26-2013 07:50 PM
Feeling a bit low sum101 Social Anxiety Forum 10 08-09-2012 05:05 PM
Pee feeling? Meow Social Anxiety Forum 56 09-10-2011 09:51 AM
The feeling of not being there Heartbeat Social Anxiety Forum 6 03-30-2006 07:05 AM



Mobile Version
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:12 PM.