Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2017
Srijita52's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,323
Thanked 1 Time
Srijita52 Srijita52 is offline
Elite User
Srijita52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,323
Thanked 1 Time
Not well at all. I don't know, I guess it's impossible to get rid of fear or maybe that's just how it's going to be for me but regardless, maybe I'll always be alone too and at some point I should make peace with it.

Hope all of you are doing well. *hugs* for anyone who needs it.
Srijita52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,329
Thanked 441 Times
Graeme1988 Graeme1988 is offline
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
Graeme1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,329
Thanked 441 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc7 View Post
That is messed up for your mom to do that.
It's awrite, I'm used to her being bossy and domineering. Gave up trying to make her see that she can't always get things her way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc7 View Post
I feel like I let my whole family down sometimes .
For me, it's all the time. And they quite enjoy, not only, reminding me of how much of a letdown I am. But they reinforce it, by talking down to me. Apparently, me choicing not to do something my family suggests because I don't feel like it; to them, that means I'm too good or better than them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc7 View Post
Gob means mouth right?
Yeah, it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srijita52 View Post
Not well at all. I don't know, I guess it's impossible to get rid of fear or maybe that's just how it's going to be for me but regardless, maybe I'll always be alone too and at some point I should make peace with it.

Hope all of you are doing well. *hugs* for anyone who needs it.
Haven't see you on here in awhile, Srijita. Though, I can very much relate to how your feeling, but sorry to hear, nonetheless. And thanks for the hug.

Last edited by Graeme1988; 03-14-2017 at 03:31 PM.
Graeme1988 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017
defiance's Avatar
Expert User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 685
Thanked 53 Times
defiance defiance is offline
Expert User
defiance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 685
Thanked 53 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah_M View Post
I feel like I want to end my life, but I know I can't.
Yeah...I know what you mean
defiance is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017
FountainandFairfax's Avatar
I remember a time of chaos... ruined dreams... this wasted land.
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,549
Thanked 484 Times
FountainandFairfax FountainandFairfax is offline
I remember a time of chaos... ruined dreams... this wasted land.
Elite User
FountainandFairfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,549
Thanked 484 Times
There's a great Mexican restaurant down the street from me that has dollar tacos on Tuesday night.

Need I go on?
__________________
Last of the V8 Introverts

FountainandFairfax is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017
GraybeardGhost's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Down in the sewer where I belong
Posts: 3,446
Thanked 166 Times
GraybeardGhost GraybeardGhost is offline
Elite User
GraybeardGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Down in the sewer where I belong
Posts: 3,446
Thanked 166 Times
Cold, alone, in the dark. Does the world outside still exist? Does life still go on beyond the limits of this gray existence? Does anyone remember me? Will they notice when I'm gone?
__________________
I could drown in this sorrow, were we not one and the same.

Gwell ceiniog na brawd.
GraybeardGhost is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017
Banned
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,174
Thanked 188 Times
AtTheGates AtTheGates is offline
Banned
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,174
Thanked 188 Times
dammit to hell -_- ...iv worked long enough at this new job that I have to start signing up for mandatory over-time (because we/re so understaffed) and because of the fact that I'm a "rookie" I apparently got last dibs on choosing which overtime days I was to work when I filled out the sheet today.

I was thinking this job is so great partly because we weren't working for more than 3 days at a time (sometimes only 2) and often we'd even get 3 day weekends ...well starting in april that sh!t is OVER...at that point ill be having 1 day weekends for the most part .

I really feel bad for some of the officers who are working there at like age 30-40..


on the bright side though, the inmates in dorm 3 refer to me as "robo cop" now for some reason...*shrug* ..I could think of WORSE names to be called, so I'm not exactly complaining.


idk, maybe i look like a robot or something? who knows
AtTheGates is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017
theslowesthand's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,653
Thanked 395 Times
theslowesthand theslowesthand is online now
Elite User
theslowesthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,653
Thanked 395 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheGates View Post
on the bright side though, the inmates in dorm 3 refer to me as "robo cop" now for some reason...*shrug* ..I could think of WORSE names to be called, so I'm not exactly complaining.


idk, maybe i look like a robot or something? who knows
Or maybe cause you're totally disaffected by their b*llshit?
theslowesthand is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017
Banned
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,174
Thanked 188 Times
AtTheGates AtTheGates is offline
Banned
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,174
Thanked 188 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowesthand View Post
Or maybe cause you're totally disaffected by their b*llshit?
hmm maybe. who knows !
AtTheGates is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017
Banned
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,174
Thanked 188 Times
AtTheGates AtTheGates is offline
Banned
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,174
Thanked 188 Times
"a man's attitude...a man's attitude goes SOME ways...the way his life will BE"
AtTheGates is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017
Kiwong's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: falling for life wave after wave and never saying goodbye
Posts: 7,641
Thanked 394 Times
Kiwong Kiwong is offline
Elite User
Kiwong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: falling for life wave after wave and never saying goodbye
Posts: 7,641
Thanked 394 Times
I want to be a hermit, and live simply near nature, with a menagerie of pets, and next to the wilds of nature.

I can do this.
__________________
In my dreams nothing holds me down, there is only out and away. I wish I could die and be reborn as a bird. William Wharton Birdy
Kiwong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017
defiance's Avatar
Expert User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 685
Thanked 53 Times
defiance defiance is offline
Expert User
defiance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 685
Thanked 53 Times
I'm afraid of life and the people in it. This is something I cannot change. I have tried to change this but today I make my peace with this fact. Also I am slowly starting to accept that I will never be happy and that I will always be a burden to those around me who expect more from me. The acceptance of those things is what drives me to want to end my misery of an existence. Will I ever be free of this nightmare? Will I one day find peace and manage to have a life worth living? As bad as my own suffering is, I find it ten times worse that your shortcomings affect your loved ones in such a negative way that you almost drag them down with you. That is cancer for the soul right there. It eats away at me and I can never forgive myself for doing that to them.
defiance is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017
Expert User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 805
Thanked 6 Times
Earthcircle Earthcircle is offline
Expert User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 805
Thanked 6 Times
I am feeling somewhat confused and frustrated. I have had many years of psychotherapy without having derived any benefit from it, to my knowledge. I read online about how one is supposed to apply what one learns in therapy to one's life, but then I am just left wondering how one is supposed to learn anything in therapy. It's like saying "Apply what you have learned by staring at the wall to your life." It seems I am supposed to do something in therapy, but it's not terribly obvious what that something is. One is told that one is supposed to raise concerns with one's therapist, so I asked him "What am I supposed to do in therapy?" He said "Just talk." Well, I have been doing that for years.

But in my recent session, my attention was drawn to something which, while I am sure I already knew it, is not something I think about as often as I might. My attention was drawn to the fact that it came as a shock to me that so many professionals think I am cognitively disintegrated, a mind destroyed. I grew up knowing that my father believed this, since he was constantly rubbing my face in it. But I always considered him to be an idiot. I was confident that well educated people would not agree with him. It came as quite a blow to learn that professional after professional after professional agreed with him quite firmly. I really can't get over the shock of this.

This is not news, but the last session did draw my attention to this fact. Perhaps in some sense I "learned" it. But now I am left wondering how to apply this to my life.

Last edited by Earthcircle; 03-18-2017 at 01:24 AM.
Earthcircle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017
theslowesthand's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,653
Thanked 395 Times
theslowesthand theslowesthand is online now
Elite User
theslowesthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,653
Thanked 395 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by defiance View Post
I'm afraid of life and the people in it. This is something I cannot change. I have tried to change this but today I make my peace with this fact. Also I am slowly starting to accept that I will never be happy and that I will always be a burden to those around me who expect more from me. The acceptance of those things is what drives me to want to end my misery of an existence. Will I ever be free of this nightmare? Will I one day find peace and manage to have a life worth living? As bad as my own suffering is, I find it ten times worse that your shortcomings affect your loved ones in such a negative way that you almost drag them down with you. That is cancer for the soul right there. It eats away at me and I can never forgive myself for doing that to them.
If as you say your life is a nightmare, then it is also a bad dream & a dream ... or in other words an illusion. It's not your true life. You are not seeing it in the right way, or the truthful way.
I'm sick of the illusion, and can't wait for it to dissolve. How it dissolves, whether by spirituality, death, or otherwise, i don't really care, as long as it ends, preferably in the not too distant future.
theslowesthand is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017
theslowesthand's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,653
Thanked 395 Times
theslowesthand theslowesthand is online now
Elite User
theslowesthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,653
Thanked 395 Times
Feeling kinda almost depressed
Supposedly that means i need deep rest
I shall try my very best
theslowesthand is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017
Banned
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,174
Thanked 188 Times
AtTheGates AtTheGates is offline
Banned
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,174
Thanked 188 Times
feeling extremely tired


..and I look like I just climbed out of coffin.
AtTheGates is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017
FountainandFairfax's Avatar
I remember a time of chaos... ruined dreams... this wasted land.
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,549
Thanked 484 Times
FountainandFairfax FountainandFairfax is offline
I remember a time of chaos... ruined dreams... this wasted land.
Elite User
FountainandFairfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,549
Thanked 484 Times
I've been really tired myself lately, meaning that I've been sleeping more hours a day than I've been awake. I hope to snap out of it soon.
__________________
Last of the V8 Introverts

FountainandFairfax is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,329
Thanked 441 Times
Graeme1988 Graeme1988 is offline
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
Graeme1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,329
Thanked 441 Times
Desperately need a release for all this bottled up anger and frustration.

Also just wondering why I bother even anymore. Naebuddy really care about me, anyway. Or they like to say they do, but their words and actions towards me suggest otherwise. Don't see much point in expecting these around me to show the same courtesy as I do them. Nah! The women in my family seem to believe they're exempt from being civil and respectful - because feminsm, men... Some [email protected] about being oppressed, etc.

Apparently, it's fine to treat me like shit, even to the point where they act like I don't even exist. Might be better if I didn't?
Always making BS excuses for why they never do what I've asked of them, which isn't usually much, but still too much. They forgot, huh? Does that mean I'm instantly forgettable?
Sure as f**k seems like it.
Graeme1988 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,329
Thanked 441 Times
Graeme1988 Graeme1988 is offline
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
Graeme1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,329
Thanked 441 Times
But, hey I'm used to be the one who is burdened with doing the things I ask of others, myself. Can't exactly rely upon those around me to be of any help. What crap existence it is, as a disabled people when you've asked someone to assist you and they refuse to do so when asked; but insist upon helping when you've not even asked for it. Which really pisses me off.

14 f**kin' years of being lied to and messed about by the very folk who expect me to trust 'em. Aye right...
Graeme1988 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017
defiance's Avatar
Expert User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 685
Thanked 53 Times
defiance defiance is offline
Expert User
defiance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 685
Thanked 53 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowesthand View Post
If as you say your life is a nightmare, then it is also a bad dream & a dream ... or in other words an illusion. It's not your true life. You are not seeing it in the right way, or the truthful way.
I'm sick of the illusion, and can't wait for it to dissolve. How it dissolves, whether by spirituality, death, or otherwise, i don't really care, as long as it ends, preferably in the not too distant future.
It's amazing isn't it. These demons create a perception which then creates our own subjective reality of the world and how we are capable of interacting with it. That old saying is true that perception is reality. I'm with you when you say that you want it to end and you don't care how it ends because that is how I feel as well. Death might be at the top of my list though just because of how sick I am of all this bs. But hey time will tell man....time will tell.
defiance is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017
Banned
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,174
Thanked 188 Times
AtTheGates AtTheGates is offline
Banned
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,174
Thanked 188 Times
worn out. there was another attack today on an Aryan Brotherhood gang member ....the black gang members are picking those guys off one by one because they're an openly racist white gang. id feel bad for them...but....they're a bunch of nazis so my empathy levels towards them are waning : /


and on top of THAT, a particular high ranking aryan brotherhood member in the dorm I work in pretty much REFUSES to follow even the simplest directives I give him and he's a complete d!ck about it....some of these gang members are like that though but he's one of the worst so far....they think that because they're affiliated with a gang that they can do whatever they want in the prison.

Last edited by AtTheGates; 03-19-2017 at 12:30 AM.
AtTheGates is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtTheGates For This Useful Post:
MollyBeGood (03-19-2017)
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone else get this feeling? that_shy_guy Shyness Forum 22 02-01-2013 04:31 PM
Feeling down Angel_Of_Death Social Anxiety Forum 7 01-26-2013 07:50 PM
Feeling a bit low sum101 Social Anxiety Forum 10 08-09-2012 05:05 PM
Pee feeling? Meow Social Anxiety Forum 56 09-10-2011 09:51 AM
The feeling of not being there Heartbeat Social Anxiety Forum 6 03-30-2006 07:05 AM

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:05 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 
Contact Us Privacy