SocialPhobiaWorld.com  
     

Home Today's Posts Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 
Go Back   SocialPhobiaWorld.com > Other related Disorders > Hyperhidrosis Forum
 
Search this Thread
Old 3 Weeks Ago
 

Hello, I'm new and have been lurking these forums in search of others that had the surgery. I stumbled on this forum during my search for experiences. Wish I knew sooner as its full of great info. Despite some of the members here not recommending it, I went through with it. I had already made up my mind.

I've actually been wanting the surgery since I first heard it was possible on a radio ad. I've had enough humiliation from sweaty hands to determine that surgery was for me. A PCP once told me to rub antiperspirant on my hands. He obviously had NO idea. Epic fail. I waited so long to get an insurance that would cover it. Then on and off uninsured. So I took the plunge and paid out of pocket. I'm in the US, so while expensive, I noticed not as bad as some other quotes I've seen.

So the first most embarrassing episode was 8th grade gym being forced to country dance hands held. I wanted to crawl under a rock. Dripping sweat and thank goodness that kid was a nice kid. He pretended it wasn't happening, though it was obviously gross.

Fast forward to this morning. I checked in. Paid the facility fee. Did a pregnancy test, weight, vitals checked, EKG, IV signed the last waivers, was given my wonderful drugs... And then I woke up. It wasn't so bad. I did have the chest discomfort and had to breathe shallow. I was coughing a little. I was a bit raspy. What bothered me the most was I was freezing and shaking from it. But then they gave me a pain med and all those symptoms virtually gone. I'm so relaxed right now. So 6-7am was prep and by 9:30am we were in the car on the way back to the room with my warm, pink dry hands. Such a novelty for me. I think I have those 'ghost' sensations of upcoming sweat, but it's not happening.

I had the Micro ETS. My lungs were not collapsed and ganglia are not removed. Just the nerve cut. Not sure how it's done else where, so mentioned. I know cutting a nerve sounds extreme to the squeamish. I'm squeamish myself. But I feel I went half my life like this and don't want to 'deal' with sweaty, drippy hands. I know I'll have compensatory sweat. I do hope for the least sweat, but I took my chances and chose I prefer to deal with that when it hits.

I am looking forward to having a normal grip. It's about more than shaking hands. I'd like to try yoga again, maybe martial arts, dancing lessons, maybe get a job (currently sahm), try at personal training, socialize more, ohhh and Id like to pick up a barbell with a firm grip. I was one of those people chalk didn't help. I had to wear grip pads, gloves, versas and take all the teasing. Because you know, gloves are for wimps... Also looking forward to not dropping stuff.

As of today, I'm very optimistic. I know I might get those butt sweats, but time will tell. I've been depressed in general lately. HH was just one aspect that fell in my "Why me?" Bucket. It won't solve all my problems, but hoping now I can shift focus to other things.

So it's now 2.5 hours post surgery. I have post-op tomorrow. I will try and follow others footsteps and update.
DazedAndConfusd is offline  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
 

Hello there. Thanks for sharing your story. I also had ETS done on Thursday night and I was very happy with the results until I noticed some sweating in my palms return today, so I can't tell if my surgery has failed or not.

Please do keep us updated. Do you know which nerves were cut in your surgery (T2, T3..)? Who was your surgeon?
tiago1995 is offline  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiago1995 View Post
Hello there. Thanks for sharing your story. I also had ETS done on Thursday night and I was very happy with the results until I noticed some sweating in my palms return today, so I can't tell if my surgery has failed or not.

Please do keep us updated. Do you know which nerves were cut in your surgery (T2, T3..)? Who was your surgeon?
It can happen, but then goes away. I was warned of this and kinda just waiting for it because my hands have the ghost sensations where they tingle and heat up right before they would sweat, but they remain totally dry.

So try and remain positive and wait it out.

I'm still in post surgery nirvana. The procedure was better than I expected. Pain is very manageable. The best I can describe it is anxiety symptoms and shallow breathing keeps things manageable along with prescriptions. I had two good meals one which was Five Guys where I got ready and left the hotel. The soda made me burp and it caused discomfort in the chest. No regrets. First time eating there. I digress, let's remain positive.

Not bad for surgery day.

Are we allowed to name our doctors?
DazedAndConfusd is offline  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
 

I wish you both well.

Yes, you can name your doctors. That can be helpful for others who are contemplating ETS.
Sprawling is offline  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling View Post
I wish you both well.

Yes, you can name your doctors. That can be helpful for others who are contemplating ETS.
Thank you. I'll post more info later. I'm going to catch the flight home.

Day 2 is so far so good. I am pretty much recovered. Hands are still warm and dry with some phantom sensations.
DazedAndConfusd is offline  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
 

Ok, to answer the question of who my surgeon was, his name is David H. Nielson, MD. He's located in San Antonio, Texas. I flew out from O'Hare airport for my surgery. This happened very quickly. Within a week of reading his whole website, seeing all his videos (including surgery videos), news clips (He's been on the local news numerous times), and then speaking to him and his associates, I was confident I had to see him. I had asked him how all these people could have negative experiences. He answered all my questions in a way that made sense to me. He's been doing ETS since 1997... Damn I wish I had done it 20 years ago.

So I was scared, but went with my gut. I'm going to compare the ease of this surgery to getting my wisdom teeth pulled. Actually, probably not even as bad. You get knocked out. You wake up and it's done exactly as he described.

As for the question on which nerve was cut, we only went with the bilateral T2 slightly above that intercostal. He asked me if I wanted copies of my photos and of course, I have them. I will try and get them on photobucket so I can share. I chose not to do T3 because I don't care if my pits sweat. He said of it wasn't bothersome, he didn't recommend unnecessary surgery.

I don't know when compensatory sweat will begin, but so far none. My hands have remained dry even though they feel like they wanna sweat sometimes.

He said if recurrence sweating of hands occurs, it would happen on 3rd or 4th day, probably 4th and then stop. He said it occurs to about 1/3 of his patients, iirc.

I noticed my feet aren't sweating as bad if at all. I seriously hope it stays that way. I was experiencing hands, pits and feet sweating.

Tomorrow I'll drink my coffee and see if hands remain dry. Typically my hands would drip as I got my java on. But I would never give up coffee. So this is a test. In a couple weeks I'll see how my body reacts to work outs.

Still day 2 and feeling like breathing normally. Slight muscle soreness in the chest. I can cough and laugh without discomfort.
DazedAndConfusd is offline  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
 

I'm attempting to create a photobucket just for the ETS surgery to ensure my privacy is intact. I really want to share all the photos because I believe it's imperative when choosing if the surgery is for you.

This is the 3rd day, so recurrence sweat will occur today or tomorrow if it happens to me.

I had like 3-4cups of strong Starbucks coffee and hands stayed dry. I freaked my kids out by continuously grabbing their hands and saying how amazing this is. And it truly is amazing to experience "touch" as it should be.

Guys, I know I'm in the honeymoon phase and that compensatory sweat is coming. I am seriously trying to be realistic about expectations here.

My chest is clearing congestion. I'm doing normal everyday stuff. Dropping kids off at school, chores, errands. I just feel like I have a cold right now and maybe I do. I came back to Chicago after the wonderful weather in San Antonio. It sucks. Anyway, I hope to find a way to share my photos.
DazedAndConfusd is offline  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
 

Hey DazedAndConfused!
Glad to hear you're doing well after surgery.

I know I said in another post that I thought my ETS was a failure due to the return of sweating on my palms but that seems to have subsided today and my hands have stayed dry all day long. So apparently it was just the possibility of recurrence for a few days that you did mention. I also had a follow-up consultation with my doctor today and he said it was normal.

I already have experienced compensatory sweating from my surgery which is mostly in the back but I still think I prefer that to sweaty hands. I also live in a very hot, humid climate so CS can be a lot worse in areas like mine and still I don't mind it so much considering the benefit of having my hands dry for the first time.

All the best to you and good luck!
tiago1995 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to tiago1995 For This Useful Post:
DazedAndConfusd (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago
 

Tiago1995,

Oh I am glad to hear your recurrence episode has stopped. Yes, it makes sense you being in a hotter climate makes the CS worse. Here in Chicago, it's getting frigid so it's quite a difference. I will be going to CA thus wknd, and it's really warm so I'll see what happens there. I believe I'll also prefer dry hands and a sticky back. Makes total sense to me. Isn't it strange we need lotion on our hands now? I get a kick out of this.

Today I paid cash with confidence at Starbucks. No fear of accidental contact of skin with strangers or handing them wet money.

My feet are not sopping wet anymore. A little moist, but much better. I really hope that remains the case. I might be able to wear high heels without sliding forward.
DazedAndConfusd is offline  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
 

Ok, guys, here is a slide show of my surgery. I think it's awesome I got photos of what was done to my body. In the surgery photos, my surgeon first spots the area, then points to the nerve, then cuts the nerve, and shows the cauterized area. On one photo, he cut and cauterized a "branch" nerve, if left unattended, could've sent those sweat signal onward. The precision here is both amazing and fascinating. He literally turned off the pathways making my palms drip. The photos are of T2 for palmar hyperhidrosis only. I opted out of T3.

Micro ETS Surgery Slideshow by salvaje26 | Photobucket
DazedAndConfusd is offline  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
 

I can't say compensatory swearing will be a picnic. When I'm outside working in hot weather I sweat from head to toe and that's without ETS. The worst I can say for me has been the butt and groin sweating. I've soaked through many undergarments. That's when I discovered boxer shorts 50/50 blend works the best. One doesn't need to have ETS to experience HH outside of the hands. That's how I decided for myself that risking more sweating elsewhere was just not worth the risk for ME. Fortunately ionto works pretty good most of the time.
Sprawling is offline  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling View Post
I can't say compensatory swearing will be a picnic. When I'm outside working in hot weather I sweat from head to toe and that's without ETS. The worst I can say for me has been the butt and groin sweating. I've soaked through many undergarments. That's when I discovered boxer shorts 50/50 blend works the best. One doesn't need to have ETS to experience HH outside of the hands. That's how I decided for myself that risking more sweating elsewhere was just not worth the risk for ME. Fortunately ionto works pretty good most of the time.
Oh I hear you. I would get groin sweat pretty bad. I would literally leave buttprints on the gym equipment. But luckily, the evidence would quickly evaporate. A lot of workout clothes is now made to 'wick' away the sweat. I wore cotton socks forever and then realized I needed the ones that wick sweat. I was getting athletes foot and nail fungus. Gross.

I totally understand how ETS won't necessarily help everyone. It is really most effective for palmar HH. And as far if it helps other areas, it's up in the air and depends on the individual. It's the whole reason I skipped T3. I mean it never bothered me like my hands did, so why bother? Then it was more like 50% effective iirc.

So it's day 4 for me and my hands are still dry. Not sure if they dampened at one point because it could've been phantom or the lotion I now gotta use. I really won't know about CS until I exert myself or am in hot weather.

At this point I have no regrets. I've been wanting this surgery forever. Others have stated that research is imperative. Also, the surgeons are willing to speak to you and do free phone consultations. This is where you feel them out. Over the past 20yrs, Neilsen was prob the 3rd one I talked to. I felt, "this guy knows his shit. He has tons of experience. He developed the method that is less invasive... He fixes **** ups... might as well go straight to him. He's extremely confident..."

I will say that scare tactics for ETS are somewhat ridiculous. To think that a person can change their life for the better, but they don't because someone dedicated a post to warn people of ETS. I mean it's sad. I was scared for 20yrs. It boils down to finding the right surgeon. I mean, you get what you pay for and no you can't count on your insurance to send you to the best. If you're in the US like me, insurance doesn't have your best interests at heart when it comes to ETS or HH.

I'll keep updating. I was motivated by the seemingly extreme fear of the procedure. It can be very invasive or NOT. Depends where you go.

Sprawling, I do believe my procedure stops sweat from the nipple line on up. So even if you didn't have severe palmar HH, it's not to say it wouldn't help at all. But I understand, that people accustomed to dealing, like why bother investing now? IDK because money comes and goes. Might as well put it where it counts. Where it can improve quality of life.
DazedAndConfusd is offline  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
 

Being in my upper 50's at this point HH is the least of my worries. I've learned to cope with it over the years. I had a one consult with Dr. Nielson in my 40's. My decision not to go with ETS was based on my overall level of sweating and the slight chance of making it worse over time didn't appeal to me. I was lucky that ionto helped my drippy hands. The rest of my body was mostly ok when the weather cooled down.

I do wish you all well though. Compensatory sweating can take years before it gets really bad. We've had enough people on here share their stories. It's true that some people get manageable compensatory sweating. Let's just hope that all goes well for you recent ETS patients. You'll truly know more over the next 3-10 years.

Even with ionto I've seen my sweating move from my hands and feet to another part of my body. I guess that was another factor for me not to do ETS. We all make our own decisions. That's life.
Sprawling is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Sprawling For This Useful Post:
DazedAndConfusd (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago
 

Yeah, I hear you, Sprawling. I wish me luck too lol I mean, I dove in knowing what could happen.

I guess I'm a risk taker. Life is too short. Yolo.

I'm still kinda waiting for my hands to get damp. I really want to work out, but my chest needs that recovery time. Breathing is still not 100%

I'll be in a social setting tomorrow night. The true test for anxiety...
DazedAndConfusd is offline  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazedAndConfusd View Post
Oh I hear you. I would get groin sweat pretty bad. I would literally leave buttprints on the gym equipment. But luckily, the evidence would quickly evaporate. A lot of workout clothes is now made to 'wick' away the sweat. I wore cotton socks forever and then realized I needed the ones that wick sweat. I was getting athletes foot and nail fungus. Gross.

I totally understand how ETS won't necessarily help everyone. It is really most effective for palmar HH. And as far if it helps other areas, it's up in the air and depends on the individual. It's the whole reason I skipped T3. I mean it never bothered me like my hands did, so why bother? Then it was more like 50% effective iirc.

So it's day 4 for me and my hands are still dry. Not sure if they dampened at one point because it could've been phantom or the lotion I now gotta use. I really won't know about CS until I exert myself or am in hot weather.

At this point I have no regrets. I've been wanting this surgery forever. Others have stated that research is imperative. Also, the surgeons are willing to speak to you and do free phone consultations. This is where you feel them out. Over the past 20yrs, Neilsen was prob the 3rd one I talked to. I felt, "this guy knows his shit. He has tons of experience. He developed the method that is less invasive... He fixes **** ups... might as well go straight to him. He's extremely confident..."

I will say that scare tactics for ETS are somewhat ridiculous. To think that a person can change their life for the better, but they don't because someone dedicated a post to warn people of ETS. I mean it's sad. I was scared for 20yrs. It boils down to finding the right surgeon. I mean, you get what you pay for and no you can't count on your insurance to send you to the best. If you're in the US like me, insurance doesn't have your best interests at heart when it comes to ETS or HH.

I'll keep updating. I was motivated by the seemingly extreme fear of the procedure. It can be very invasive or NOT. Depends where you go.

Sprawling, I do believe my procedure stops sweat from the nipple line on up. So even if you didn't have severe palmar HH, it's not to say it wouldn't help at all. But I understand, that people accustomed to dealing, like why bother investing now? IDK because money comes and goes. Might as well put it where it counts. Where it can improve quality of life.
That's really funny Dazed, because according to my surgeon I only had T3 cut to stop my palmar HH and it has definitely worked, in fact my hands have been completely dry, but I can't say the same at all about my armpits (although it may have reduced a little, I just don't know yet).

So I'm now wondering if I really had T2 cut and was misinformed by the doctor or if he just doesn't know exactly which one he cuts for his patients but just says T3 when asked, lol.
tiago1995 is offline  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
 

I guess it's the end results that matter.
Sprawling is offline  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiago1995 View Post
That's really funny Dazed, because according to my surgeon I only had T3 cut to stop my palmar HH and it has definitely worked, in fact my hands have been completely dry, but I can't say the same at all about my armpits (although it may have reduced a little, I just don't know yet).

So I'm now wondering if I really had T2 cut and was misinformed by the doctor or if he just doesn't know exactly which one he cuts for his patients but just says T3 when asked, lol.
Hi Tiago, apparently not all ETS surgeons are on the same page. I'm sure your surgeon did what he said he did. Mine did what he said he did. I mean what's done is done.

I finally experienced the CS, but it is mild, imo. I slept buried under blankets last night and woke up with some back sweat.

Later when arriving in LA I started the CS and again mild. I feel happy right now. My hands are dry and my feet dryer than previously, but slightly damp.

I was feeling side effects from meds prescribed, but overall I feel 'normal' (like no surgery done except hands are dry). The CS feels like this is where I should be sweating. I feel it's more evenly dispersed versus before being my hands, pits and feet. And yes, it can get worse. I knows man. I'm just going to do my best and eat healthy and work out and hope it helps maintain this level of mild CS. Of course when I work out it could be significantly worse, but honestly, that's earned sweat so I'll carry a towel just in case.
DazedAndConfusd is offline  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling View Post
I guess it's the end results that matter.
Exactly. I mean it is kinda disturbing there's differing methodologies for this procedure.

As you say, time will tell how we do.

Today was a great day though! I feel calmer too. Not so spazzy...

Another thing this procedure improved overnight was my complexion. It's bizarre. Dr.Nielsen said it would help and I was cynical, but I feel friggin flawless right now. Ma face isn't so greasy or red anymore.
DazedAndConfusd is offline  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
 

Update. So Monday was a whole week and we're now over the hump day. Of course it was my luck to get sick post surgery. I might've caught the bug before, but definitely believe the congestion was not a normal side effect of the surgery. My doctor was kind enough to advise on this and even offered to prescribe antibiotics if necessary. That is if my phlem was yellow indicating infection.

I never did get the recurrence sweat. My hands have been consistently dry. I did do some exercis. I hiked up a hill. My friend was dripping sweat going up the hill and I actually had my mild compensatory sweat. I wore sweats so I did experience some groin sweat. but I'm not going to "sweat" it because I was already having the same amount of groin sweat prior. It's nothing new and I'm not going to blame my recent surgery for it.

So basically, whatever sweat would've saturated my hands, pits and feet, seems to be reallocated more evenly throughout the trunk of my body. It's not pooling or even dripping, but like a damp even evaporation. I'm sure if I over exert myself, it could turn into droplets. But it did trip me out how my friend who has zero issues with sweat was dripping. Just more proof of how different we all are.

I then went to the gym with my friend. My purpose was more to train her than to workout, but as I was showing her some exercises, I felt winded. I will say, that technically, it's still very recently post surgery and even though I don't feel it, my muscles may still be sore from the operation. Also, my diet hasn't been top notch, so I probably didn't have enough food in me to have the energy.

I mentioned previously about my feet being less sweaty. I feel very fortunate in this as according to my surgeon, only about 50% of his patients notice the operation makes a difference in their feet. I'm not too sure about my pits yet, but I don't think they're sweating as much either. It's easy to notice with socks because they get soaked, make your shoes stink really bad, and it's downright uncomfortable to be walking around with soppy feet.

So not that this cold or sinuses or allergies or possibly all of the above has calmed down, I can breathe easier and actually am feeling pretty great. I kind of feel like a new person. I know it sounds crazy, but I do. I feel more mellow.

When my doctor asked how I was doing during the follow-up call, I told him I was still amazed. It is so amazing to me that he knew how to literally ZAP my problem. I don't care that I paid for it out of pocket and got a card to finance it. I mean it's F'n amazing to me. I been slamming cups of strong coffee and no sweaty hands. It's so dumb, but I love it.

Ironically, hands that are too dry, are a different kind of slippery. I actually need lotion sometimes. CRAZINESS. I find myself wanting to get my nails done. I'd get them done, but the Renaud's grossed them out and then when they were sweaty, the girls would be like wtf is wrong with you. Which at that point, I'd just shrug and say IDK it just happens and I can't control it. BUT NO MORE. I can sit there with confidence now, haha.

Again, I'm sure as bodies change over time, and it's probably due to aging and lifestyle. I honestly don't know yet if I'd be able to blame this surgery. As a fitness freak, I can pretty much see the logic in weight gain effecting how you sweat. Put on the weight, and I'm sure it guarantees a sweat fest just getting around in general.

I do have a check up coming up and my surgeon had offered to forward my records to my PCP, which is great. After a year, my surgeon can no longer prescribe meds to me if I need them and would have to go through the PCP. This was if the CS got bad. But so far so good. Yeah, I just sneezed. I got a stinking cold.

I'm thinking my next updates will be regarding weight training and how that goes post-op. I'm also weakened by this cold, but if I can train as well as before, then perfecto. The surgery didn't ruin my sex life, so that's great. Again, stupid, but I mention these things because of all the weird posts about ETS ruining lives. I'm thinking, well if you can do all the things you love no problem, is it really that bad? I'm still me. Still feel like me, except minus anxiety due to handsweat.

IDK. I guess it boils down to where/whom does the surgery. Sometimes I think to myself "Dang you just paid somebody to cauterize your nerves" and it sounds so scary and reckless... But I already thought of our bodies as machines. Sometimes machines have kinks, glitches, need replacement parts, etc. Well, I see it as I had "faulty" wiring. And an electrician went in there to cut some useless cables so I can run smoother.
DazedAndConfusd is offline  
Old 1 Week Ago
 

UPDATE: I had written an update and my browser had cleared it. UGH. Which is why it has taken me so long. It's been almost 3 weeks. It's so hard to believe because so much has occurred within that time.

IF YOU'RE AN ATHLETIC INDIVIDUAL YOU SHOULD READ THIS

So far I've had two cardio and two 3 weight training sessions. I have to say. I am extremely disappointed at the moment with how this is going. I'll say that this probably killed my honeymoon phase. I was told my HR would go down by about 10bpm... maybe that's the norm for these procedures. Maybe they meant "resting heart rate". But if they would've told me my heart rate wouldn't get past 130bpm when training, I'd have probably declined the surgery.

I find myself wondering if I have to eat less or exercise more to maintain or improve. I'm already a small person with a small BMR and small calorie burns. I'm wondering if I'm going to get fat because I'm not able to burn as many calories. Will I ever be able to get super lean and ripped again? Did I kill my genetic advantage that also gave me the sweaty palms, feet and pits??? LOL

Yep, I did this surgery on impulse and all I can worry about right now is my vanity... no my health also. I think I'm going to be one of those poor unfortunate souls that might need a pacemaker... (it's listed in the possible complications of micro ETS... seriously. I totes didn't think it would apply to me and hope it doesn't). I sound like a hypochondriac, and perhaps I am. But the reason I believe I have bradycardia is due to some very bizarre spells I've had where I feel really dazed & confused... (irony). At first I thought they were panic attacks.

After the disappointing calorie burns I've been having accompanied with some spells, I decided to wear my Polar watch to sleep to do a Vo2 test in the morning. I got a 38, which is considered "good". I wonder if this is fake and remember having a 43 score at my best (excellent/elite). So I proceeded to wear it all day long so that by the time I started feeling weird again I checked my HR. By weird I mean CHILLS, dizzy, confused. My HR was in the low 50's. The connection was made. I'm not currently in my best health and this is probably too low for me.

I'm not blaming the surgery or my surgeon for this Bradycardia, OK. I take full responsibility for jumping in with both feet. I don't regret it because I've been wanting to do this for 20years and I was going to do it anyway.

I'm sharing this information just in-case there are other ATHLETIC type people looking into getting this surgery. In retrospect, I should have had my PCP clear me for this surgery. Although, I do believe I've had some underlying un-diagnosed conditions that I put off because they weren't bothering me. Perhaps this surgery just accelerated these conditions.

I'm pretty sure this isn't reversible any more than clamps are. I believe clamps still damage the nerves. I still think my dry hands are amazing. The surgeon turned them off like a light switch. Amazing... when they used to drip like leaky faucets at times.

So I have an upcoming appointment with my PCP. I'm going to request diagnostics on cardio/pulmonary/circulatory systems. I'm going to do a complete lipid panel. I do believe symptoms are similar to hypoglycemia. My extreme chills make me wonder if I'm susceptible to hypothermia. I've always been sensitive to cold, but especially more now. I was reading about something called "sinus bradycardia" and will ask about that. I'm not an athlete per say, but train like one.

This all sounds so screwed up. But again, I think I was already a mess when I got this surgery, only I didn't know it.

I'm going to workout this evening. I honestly don't know if I'm wasting my time or possibly even overworking my slow heart... I still feel good while I work out. I'm still strong. I can still do all the things. But my HIGH intensity workouts are now LOW intensity workouts due to my inability to get my HR up!!!!

I suppose if I wasn't athletic, I'd be more worried about possibly needing a pacemaker sooner in life... But because I'm vain, I'm crying about my workouts. I don't want to get fat. Oh but it is nice to type this with super dry, warm hands. UGH.

See, at least I'm keeping it real. So I avoided a spell today by jumping on my elliptical as soon as I felt super cold around 10:45am. The exercise did me good as it warmed me up and kept my heart rate elevated. I also bundled up. I'm wearing leg warmers, a beanie, a hoodie, compression pants, and thermal long sleeved tee. I'm currently at 70 bpm and feel FINE and DANDY. So maybe my self treatment will be to do what I can to avoid being COLD, having a low 50's bpm, and EAT to avoid possible hypoglycemia. At least until the professionals can tell me what treatments I need. But at this moment, I can't blame the surgery. I was warned... I just wish I would've been told in explicit detail, how drasticly workouts would be effected. That would've been my red flag. I thought it would be 10bpm less than say resting heart rate and when training whatever my usual HR max was. But I get to 130bpm if I'm lucky when those exercises would've got me to 150-180bpm high intensity. This is depressing me. LOL But what the heck do they really know about athletic workouts???? You can tell people you're a recreational bodybuilder, but most people don't get it. They probs think they're talking to some cardio bunny who lifts a couple times a week lol uggghhhh

I'm so wordy. I know. I'll continue to update all the good and the bad. I'll update what the PCP findings are. Other than this... I've been carrying on normal every day tasks totally normal. My bradycardia episodes have passed rather quickly, but I'm not ignoring them.
DazedAndConfusd is offline  
Post Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Mobile Version
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:50 AM.