SocialPhobiaWorld.com  
     

Home Today's Posts Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 
Go Back   SocialPhobiaWorld.com > Social Anxiety Disorder Forums > Forums by Region > Social Anxiety Other Regions
 
Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2011
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phocas View Post
ようこそ


...............
ありがとう

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAristocrat View Post
Ohayou gozaimasu nyan *wavie*
Welcome the crew
arigatou
nyan_n is offline  
Old 08-03-2011
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Hi and welcome. Your English is just fine. =)

Hope this site helps you.
How are things in Japan?
Japan has many problems now like nuclear power plant, recovery of the disaster area by the tsunami, yen's appreciation etc...

I don't feel like watching news on tv these days. because I feel hopeless.

I can do nothing for my country. I can do nothing even for myself.  
nyan_n is offline  
Old 08-03-2011
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtype View Post
Hello Nyan, you can share your feelings with everyone here. We're all different but we're all the same at the same time.

Are you a hikikomori?
I think I'm partly hikikomori. I spend most of the time at home.
but I can go out sometimes thanks to the medicine.
nyan_n is offline  
Old 08-03-2011
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remus View Post
Yup you've found the right place here. Has your doctor advised CBT or any other therapy?
I don't know what CBT is. My doctor adviced me to gather experience of small success one by one. but i don't know what to do. I can't stop thinking I can't do anything well.
nyan_n is offline  
Old 08-03-2011
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus_Ex_Lemur View Post
Heyas Nyan, you aren't useless or any of that, it's just in your head. Many of us think those thoughts, we've just programmed our minds towards negative self-talk. As Remus mentioned, CBT is imo one of the best ways to reprogram your mind for nicer self-talk =D

Anyways you'll like these forums, good luck!
Thank you for your reply. I don't know what CBT is. Can you explain about it for me?
nyan_n is offline  
Old 08-03-2011
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanita View Post
Hi Nyan
Welcome to the forum.
I understand how you feel.... I also have big problems being around people.

I lived in Tokyo from 2004 to 2005... I lived in Minami-Azabu, Minato ku... I love Japan
Thank you for your reply. I live in Kagoshima,south part of Japan.
I think Tokyo is very fun city but for people who have SAD like me, Tokyo is very scary place.
nyan_n is offline  
Old 08-03-2011
Remus's Avatar
Super Moderator
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyan_n View Post
I don't know what CBT is. My doctor adviced me to gather experience of small success one by one. but i don't know what to do. I can't stop thinking I can't do anything well.
Cognitive behavioral therapy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Remus is offline  
Old 03-19-2012
Imaginary's Avatar
Intermediate User
 

Are u a Hikkimori!? Yeah, that's me now~

I have a SAD friend from Japan too~


Quote:
Originally Posted by nyan_n View Post
I don't have any courage to find a job.
I can't stop thinking negatively like "I'm useless." "nobody likes me." "people laughed at me."
Me too, I'm 22 now n was drop out from school because of my mental illness, now I cant get a job too~ :(
Imaginary is offline  
Old 06-15-2016
otz_kare's Avatar
Newbie User
 

Hi, is anyone there?
Well, I'm from Japan too.
I'm 39year old female. I have SA for a long time.
It might sound weird, but I sometimes feel much easier when I talk about my problems in English than in Japanese.
I'm new here and I hope that I can get some ideas to make my life better.

otz_kare
otz_kare is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to otz_kare For This Useful Post:
Hoppy (06-15-2016), Remus (06-15-2016)
Old 06-15-2016
Louco's Avatar
Intermediate User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by otz_kare View Post
Hi, is anyone there?
Well, I'm from Japan too.
I'm 39year old female. I have SA for a long time.
It might sound weird, but I sometimes feel much easier when I talk about my problems in English than in Japanese.
I'm new here and I hope that I can get some ideas to make my life better.

otz_kare
Hello, welcome.

Some time ago I saw an american who have been working in Japan for 20 years now saying that it's actually hard to speak about your feelings and stuff like that in Japanese, because of how people usually try to be as concise as possible when speaking to each other in Japan and how the Japanese language doesn't have many words for that. Would you agree with him?
Louco is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Louco For This Useful Post:
otz_kare (06-16-2016)
Old 06-15-2016
Megaten's Avatar
Expert User
 

Oh wow thats awesome! I love Japanese culture
Megaten is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Megaten For This Useful Post:
otz_kare (06-16-2016)
Old 06-15-2016
 

Great two people within walking distance. So both of you can meet up and stop caring about life's nonsense, and get along.

Hurrray everybody is happy
RegalSin is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to RegalSin For This Useful Post:
otz_kare (06-16-2016)
Old 06-16-2016
otz_kare's Avatar
Newbie User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louco View Post
Hello, welcome.

Some time ago I saw an american who have been working in Japan for 20 years now saying that it's actually hard to speak about your feelings and stuff like that in Japanese, because of how people usually try to be as concise as possible when speaking to each other in Japan and how the Japanese language doesn't have many words for that. Would you agree with him?
Hi Louco!
Thanks for your reply.
Yeah, your friend is right.
Well, about the difference between Japanese and English, I think Japanese langugage gets sometimes too vague, too subtle, or very indirect when you wanna describe your feelings.
As a native Japanese speaker, sometimes I feel English works better when I explain my feelings or what it's like to have SA, English is more direct I guess.
My English is nothing perfect, but I think language is interesting that way.

otz_kare
otz_kare is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to otz_kare For This Useful Post:
Louco (06-17-2016)
Old 06-16-2016
otz_kare's Avatar
Newbie User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaten View Post
Oh wow thats awesome! I love Japanese culture
Thanks Megaten!
otz_kare is offline  
Old 06-16-2016
Jungle's Avatar
Spamming his way to Elite user
Advanced User
 

Hello and welcome.
There are two things I like in Japan : Pokémon and Karate.

As for SA, I've heard that japanese society is quite different, as an example: effeminate men in japan wouldn't stand out as much as they'd do in western society.
Jungle is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Jungle For This Useful Post:
otz_kare (06-16-2016)
Old 06-16-2016
otz_kare's Avatar
Newbie User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
Great two people within walking distance. So both of you can meet up and stop caring about life's nonsense, and get along.

Hurrray everybody is happy
To RegalSin,
Thanks for your reply.
Oh yeah, you mean Nyan_n and me, right?
I'm not sure she/he is still here, I'll message her/him later.
Well, Japan is a tiny island nation, but for instance from Okinawa to Hokkaido it takes months by walking haha.
Thanx anyway.
Bur for me, to meet up with a completely new person, it makes me super nervous... hmm (._.)

otz_kare
otz_kare is offline  
Old 06-16-2016
otz_kare's Avatar
Newbie User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle View Post
Hello and welcome.
There are two things I like in Japan : Pokémon and Karate.

As for SA, I've heard that japanese society is quite different, as an example: effeminate men in japan wouldn't stand out as much as they'd do in western society.
To Jungle,
Thanks for your reply!
Okay cool, you like Pokemon and Karate.
In Japan these things are really popular.

And yeah, indeed japanese society is so different from western societies, many of japanese guys are relatively less manly but that's kind of normal in japan.

When I was studying English in a western country, a local guy asked me like ”why are japanese men and women so different?” I still don't really get what he meant exactly, but now I understand.

So, I guess effeminate guys would feel a little more comfortable being in japan than in western society. tabun..

otz_kare
otz_kare is offline  
Old 06-16-2016
F0AM's Avatar
Newbie User
 

Hello otz_kare

As you can see, you'll find a lot of nice people here you can relate to. I'm sure others' experiences and advices will help you as well as yours will help others.

BTW i'm currently studying japanese and what a beautiful language you have (a pity is not enough to express your feelings)

Welcome! ^_^
F0AM is offline  
Old 06-17-2016
Louco's Avatar
Intermediate User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by otz_kare View Post
Hi Louco!
Thanks for your reply.
Yeah, your friend is right.
Well, about the difference between Japanese and English, I think Japanese langugage gets sometimes too vague, too subtle, or very indirect when you wanna describe your feelings.
As a native Japanese speaker, sometimes I feel English works better when I explain my feelings or what it's like to have SA, English is more direct I guess.
My English is nothing perfect, but I think language is interesting that way.

otz_kare
Your English is very good. I'm not a native English speaker either, but I don't know if I would be able to speak anything in English at all if I had to learn the Latin alphabet after growing up. Many Japanese can speak English though, you guys are so smart.
Louco is offline  
Post Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads to Hello! From Japan
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
japan ... requests durda_dan Social Anxiety Other Regions 6 03-25-2010 10:04 AM
so am I the only one in Japan? Rodox Social Anxiety Other Regions 6 12-09-2008 01:21 PM
New HH suits being made in Japan gg1101 Hyperhidrosis Forum 2 08-08-2008 08:24 PM
Going to Japan tomorrow stardog Social Anxiety Forum 3 05-18-2006 06:03 PM



Mobile Version
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:17 PM.