Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2008
recluse's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 2,954
Thanked 0 Times
recluse recluse is offline
Elite User
recluse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 2,954
Thanked 0 Times
I have turned into a short tempered *******. I don't know what it is but people are pissing me off more than ever. I never used to get angry when driving for instance but now if there's a slow driver in front of me....Arrrgghhh! I just have no patience for anyone like i used to, i feel sellfish and almost arrogant. I feel that i am nasty to my parents and i feel bad about it.
recluse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008
Lea Lea is offline
Banned
Elite User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,453
Thanked 0 Times
Lea Lea is offline
Banned
Elite User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,453
Thanked 0 Times
You have to know yourself if you really HATE the people or you are just pissed off because you are impatient - there is nothing wrong with that I think. Then you can swear in your car as long as nobody hears you .
Lea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008
Krellian's Avatar
Newbie User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Russia
Posts: 21
Thanked 0 Times
Krellian Krellian is offline
Newbie User
Krellian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Russia
Posts: 21
Thanked 0 Times
Social anxiety is kind of neurosis, so it's no surprise that you've became so nervous and short tempered.
Krellian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008
NothingElseMatters's Avatar
Advanced User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Athens,in a small appartment
Posts: 410
Thanked 0 Times
NothingElseMatters NothingElseMatters is offline
Advanced User
NothingElseMatters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Athens,in a small appartment
Posts: 410
Thanked 0 Times
i feel exactly the same way.sometimes i will even catch my self thinking about being in a fight and beating someone even though i never had a fight and i totally don't agree with beating people!and i also treat my parents like shit although i know they are the best people i know :oops: maybe it's because i want to blame someone for my situation because don't believe it's my fault for being like this
__________________
no direction home
NothingElseMatters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008
dpr's Avatar
dpr dpr is offline
Advanced User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 379
Thanked 0 Times
dpr dpr is offline
Advanced User
dpr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 379
Thanked 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse
I have turned into a short tempered *******. I don't know what it is but people are pissing me off more than ever. I never used to get angry when driving for instance but now if there's a slow driver in front of me....Arrrgghhh! I just have no patience for anyone like i used to, i feel sellfish and almost arrogant. I feel that i am nasty to my parents and i feel bad about it.
Yeah, ya know I was going to start a thread about this until I saw yours.

I am short with my family sometimes too, and driving pisses me off so much. Some of my friends have said "Well, everybody hates driving," but I don't think they get it. I will take it really personally if someone cuts me off, and I'll get EXTREMELY angry if a light changes yellow when I'm too far away to gun it and drive through. Then I'll usually yell to myself "That light always changes to yellow before I can go through!"

I don't know what it is, but I think it's just feeling overwhelmed with work, being unhappy with where I am in my life, and I'm projecting it onto other things. Also, usually when I am driving I am going somewhere I don't want to be (i.e. work) so I'm not in the best mood anyway.

Have you ever tried meditating or deep breathing. It has helped me, but I still have anger problems.
dpr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008
Iseesky's Avatar
Advanced User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 461
Thanked 0 Times
Iseesky Iseesky is offline
Advanced User
Iseesky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 461
Thanked 0 Times
The easiest thing to do is take it out on others. Family is terrible, because you are so comfortable with them, they are the easiest to yell at. I find that I'm this way sometimes. Like someone else has basically said, when I'm upset about something I have to be doing (going to work, going out somewhere, giving a presentation in school), I get so wound up thinking about it that the slightest things that happen will release all of my emotions. I try to find other ways to release...writing helps, taking a walk in an uninhabited area to think and talk to myself, yelling and screaming in the backyard with my little cousins help aswell.
Iseesky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008
noblame4's Avatar
Intermediate User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: WNC
Posts: 147
Thanked 0 Times
noblame4 noblame4 is offline
Intermediate User
noblame4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: WNC
Posts: 147
Thanked 0 Times
I think a lot of us, (myself, for sure) feel like we dont have a right to get angry or stand up for ourselves, but really we have just as much claim on being a pain in the *** as anyone else does. If someone is being a **** to me, and i just let them walk all over me, then i get twice as angry at myself. It's okay to let people know that they need to back off, is what im getting at.

and oh god, dont get me started on traffic!! The other day, i was driving on the interstate, when the lane i was in started to end unexpectedly (construction), i NEEDED to get over, but this **** in a huge pickup was in the lane beside me, and he would NOT let me get over!(like, when i sped up, HE sped up, when i slowed down, HE slowed down. what the hell?!) I had to slam on my brakes going 70 to keep from flying off into the woods! Agh! If i could've got at that guy...but i couldnt so i just layed on the horn and flipped him off when i caught up with him. All he did was speed up and lose me. MORAL OF THE STORY, if some skid-mark thinks it's okay to try and END MY DAMN LIFE, i can harrass him and throw obscene gestures at him for a couple of miles.
noblame4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008
recluse's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 2,954
Thanked 0 Times
recluse recluse is offline
Elite User
recluse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 2,954
Thanked 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivemycar
The easiest thing to do is take it out on others. Family is terrible, because you are so comfortable with them, they are the easiest to yell at. I find that I'm this way sometimes. Like someone else has basically said, when I'm upset about something I have to be doing (going to work, going out somewhere, giving a presentation in school), I get so wound up thinking about it that the slightest things that happen will release all of my emotions. I try to find other ways to release...writing helps, taking a walk in an uninhabited area to think and talk to myself, yelling and screaming in the backyard with my little cousins help aswell.
Yes because i am comfortable with them, but i feel bad whenether i am like this.
recluse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008
RedRibbons's Avatar
Expert User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 684
Thanked 0 Times
RedRibbons RedRibbons is offline
Expert User
RedRibbons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 684
Thanked 0 Times
I am the same way... I find myself short with people. Getting annoyed easily. Generally disliking society. Getting frustrated with my family quickly.. I'm trying not to be so easily annoyed though.

All I can say is maybe try being physically active.. To get your energy out. I'm trying it, hoping for it to work.
RedRibbons is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008
Doomed2Die's Avatar
Advanced User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: England
Posts: 416
Thanked 0 Times
Doomed2Die Doomed2Die is offline
Advanced User
Doomed2Die's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: England
Posts: 416
Thanked 0 Times
Reason and exercise works for me, reason because most of time things just need to be thought over. And energy can be expressed through exercise rather than violence. Personally following the bibles advice on these small issues in life has been stupendously beneficial and suprisingly satisfying to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbons
All I can say is maybe try being physically active.. To get your energy out. I'm trying it, hoping for it to work.
I should get round to doing that also.
__________________
Intellectual honesty is characterized by a readiness to scrutinize what one believes to be true, and to pay sufficient attention to other evidence available
Doomed2Die is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008
Intermediate User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 197
Thanked 0 Times
lonely_world lonely_world is offline
Intermediate User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 197
Thanked 0 Times
You too? I know what you mean, that's exactly how i've been feeling every year since my mom died. I will just start flipping people off in traffic, or make rude comments to people in a grocery store, and I do too feel bad about it. That's why i'm making a true effort to change my anger, and working with my therapist on it. She's a great therapist, but now she's leaving soon! Just my luck, oh well. Recluse, just learn to take a few deep breaths and a time-out when you feel ready to explode. It makes a difference, believe me.
lonely_world is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008
Infected_Malignity's Avatar
Advanced User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 'Rooooound heeeere,
Posts: 403
Thanked 0 Times
Infected_Malignity Infected_Malignity is offline
Advanced User
Infected_Malignity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 'Rooooound heeeere,
Posts: 403
Thanked 0 Times
Only you can change you, dude. Breathe a little deeper, smoke some weed and listen to bob marley. Then you'll be good to go!
__________________
Love+Compassion+Eternity+Freedom
Always believing that there's something good in this world
Infected_Malignity is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008
recluse's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 2,954
Thanked 0 Times
recluse recluse is offline
Elite User
recluse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 2,954
Thanked 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely_world
You too? I know what you mean, that's exactly how i've been feeling every year since my mom died. I will just start flipping people off in traffic, or make rude comments to people in a grocery store, and I do too feel bad about it. That's why i'm making a true effort to change my anger, and working with my therapist on it. She's a great therapist, but now she's leaving soon! Just my luck, oh well. Recluse, just learn to take a few deep breaths and a time-out when you feel ready to explode. It makes a difference, believe me.
I'm sorry to hear about you mum. I'll bear that in mind, but it's so hard once the red mist sets in.
recluse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008
celestialrecluse's Avatar
Newbie User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: england
Posts: 68
Thanked 0 Times
celestialrecluse celestialrecluse is offline
Newbie User
celestialrecluse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: england
Posts: 68
Thanked 0 Times
im just the same, i find my fuse has gotten really short over the past couple of months, what i do is wear a rubber band on my wrist, when i feel like i wanna go postal on someone, i snap the band and count to ten. it works for me!
__________________
"Fear is that little darkroom where negatives are developed."
celestialrecluse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010
Sial Axetder's Avatar
Amazing curves!
Elite User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Great North of Southern Ontario Canada
Posts: 3,027
Thanked 5 Times
Sial Axetder Sial Axetder is offline
Amazing curves!
Elite User
Sial Axetder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Great North of Southern Ontario Canada
Posts: 3,027
Thanked 5 Times
Exercise seemed to do it for me. Mainly the weights, heavy sometimes. Still get short fused at times, mostly at nothing.
Sial Axetder is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010
EscapeArtist's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 2,722
Thanked 2 Times
EscapeArtist EscapeArtist is offline
Elite User
EscapeArtist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 2,722
Thanked 2 Times
I've become like this also, it's really hard to hold back my irritation with little things that are out of my control. Partly it is because I'm unhappy, but I think it's also because I'm used to being "in control" when i'm alone, we haven't pushed ourselves into situations that are out of our control very often and so when little things that take that control away from us sneak up on us, like traffic and waiting for others, well, yeah..
EscapeArtist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010
Intermediate User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 134
Thanked 0 Times
EasySkankin EasySkankin is offline
Intermediate User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 134
Thanked 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblame4 View Post
I think a lot of us, (myself, for sure) feel like we dont have a right to get angry or stand up for ourselves, but really we have just as much claim on being a pain in the *** as anyone else does. If someone is being a **** to me, and i just let them walk all over me, then i get twice as angry at myself. It's okay to let people know that they need to back off, is what im getting at.

and oh god, dont get me started on traffic!! The other day, i was driving on the interstate, when the lane i was in started to end unexpectedly (construction), i NEEDED to get over, but this **** in a huge pickup was in the lane beside me, and he would NOT let me get over!(like, when i sped up, HE sped up, when i slowed down, HE slowed down. what the hell?!) I had to slam on my brakes going 70 to keep from flying off into the woods! Agh! If i could've got at that guy...but i couldnt so i just layed on the horn and flipped him off when i caught up with him. All he did was speed up and lose me. MORAL OF THE STORY, if some skid-mark thinks it's okay to try and END MY DAMN LIFE, i can harrass him and throw obscene gestures at him for a couple of miles.
werd!

We have a right to be selfish and pissed off too. I think that is a big reason why most of us have social anxiety - we seek approval of people too much/try to make them happy/be nice to them. Be selfish, do what makes YOU happy, and you'll see that your anxiety will subside. This doesn't mean you have to be a **** though, unless that makes you happy - then go ahead. I'd rather be a **** than have to put up with social anxiety - to be honest
EasySkankin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010
seafolly's Avatar
Intermediate User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 163
Thanked 0 Times
seafolly seafolly is offline
Intermediate User
seafolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 163
Thanked 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasySkankin View Post
werd!

We have a right to be selfish and pissed off too. I think that is a big reason why most of us have social anxiety - we seek approval of people too much/try to make them happy/be nice to them. Be selfish, do what makes YOU happy, and you'll see that your anxiety will subside. This doesn't mean you have to be a **** though, unless that makes you happy - then go ahead. I'd rather be a **** than have to put up with social anxiety - to be honest
I agree - we're sensitive ones and take too much to heart! Just last week I found myself tearing up over a simple statement from my father that shouldn't have upset me at all. Thickening of the skin is a tricky thing to wish for but wow it would be nice. One side of my brain is ready to get fired up and the other is all, "Dude! Chillll! There's no reason why this should be upsetting!" It's usually worse when the anxiety disorder is heightened.
__________________
Flickr
seafolly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010
Banned on request
Intermediate User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 209
Thanked 0 Times
guessed guessed is offline
Banned on request
Intermediate User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 209
Thanked 0 Times
Quote:
I have turned into a short tempered *******. I don't know what it is but people are pissing me off more than ever.
Have you ever had your thyroid or hormone levels checked, or been tested for food or metal allergies?
guessed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010
Newbie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 82
Thanked 0 Times
IAMN IAMN is offline
Newbie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 82
Thanked 0 Times
I have a short temper at times, but less so now. I use to take it out on family a lot because I knew they would take it. The last outburst I had was at my sister's high school graduation. I straight up just yelled at my 70 year old gradma for taking too many pictures and being too loud... it was crowded and I was very nervous. First time I've seen them in 2 years and I yelled at them... I was extra nice for the rest of the time after realizing I was a jackass. What 6 year old kid thinks to himself-- "when I grow up, I wanna be be so nervous in front of crowds it actually produces rage"...
IAMN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is bad for a person? blubs Social Anxiety Forum 20 07-06-2010 11:09 AM
are you a serious person? Jellybeans Social Anxiety Forum 15 05-15-2010 09:47 PM
I always think about the person I used to be!! Birdman Social Anxiety Forum 17 05-15-2010 02:47 AM
just another new person lostfate28 Member Introductions 3 09-27-2008 03:09 PM
Oh..its just a new person here slowmotiondaydream Member Introductions 1 12-26-2006 04:23 PM

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:42 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 
Contact Us Privacy