Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2012
Newbie User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 36
Thanked 0 Times
PopulationZero PopulationZero is offline
Newbie User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 36
Thanked 0 Times
I don't have social anxiety, a little shyness is all. I am here more for misanthropy. To put it nicely, I give a thumbs down to how many of us there are on this planet, hence my name. if you are also a non-sa member, please share and maybe we can be buddies
PopulationZero is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012
user deleted
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
user deleted
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopulationZero View Post
I don't have social anxiety, a little shyness is all. I am here more for misanthropy. To put it nicely, I give a thumbs down to how many of us there are on this planet, hence my name. if you are also a non-sa member, please share and maybe we can be buddies
I think that misanthropy is one of the things I'm extremely wary of. Although we can all feel a little embittered at time (myself included), I can't really understand how anyone can lack compassion.. basic empathy.. and just blindly hate humanity. I don't really understand hate.

I love humanity, I just don't feel like I'm good enough to be a part of it. Humanity isn't perfect, but I know others can be capable of profound acts of kindness. It's easy to find the negatives in people, and it's easy to assume that someone doesn't care, or is simply 'bad', but you genuinely don't know what they've been through, or what they're going through.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012
Newbie User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 36
Thanked 0 Times
PopulationZero PopulationZero is offline
Newbie User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 36
Thanked 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amp View Post
I think that misanthropy is one of the things I'm extremely wary of. Although we can all feel a little embittered at time (myself included), I can't really understand how anyone can lack compassion.. basic empathy.. and just blindly hate humanity. I don't really understand hate.

I love humanity, I just don't feel like I'm good enough to be a part of it. Humanity isn't perfect, but I know others can be capable of profound acts of kindness. It's easy to find the negatives in people, and it's easy to assume that someone doesn't care, or is simply 'bad', but you genuinely don't know what they've been through, or what they're going through.
it grows, gets deeper every time I appear in the public. misanthropy isn't something you acquire in a weeks-amount of time. it takes awhile, and then the misanthrope knows that he/she was not meant to just resist the bad in people. I understand and respect your response, for I know most people don't have a problem with the public and how people are. but I can assure you, it is difficult for me to just oversee the filth, and how many there are. and so, I fall into the category of "misanthrope", just as people who have difficulty with public speaking fall into the category of "socially anxious". being misanthropic, I would obviously say that it is right, but I know it isn't for everyone.
PopulationZero is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012
coyote's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: up north
Posts: 13,759
Thanked 0 Times
coyote coyote is offline
Elite User
coyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: up north
Posts: 13,759
Thanked 0 Times
i think you can cure misanthropy with a silver bullet...
__________________
"To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered." - Voltaire

"We cannot become what we want to be by remaining what we are." - Max De Pree

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin
coyote is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012
user deleted
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
user deleted
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote View Post
i think you can cure misanthropy with a silver bullet...
Thankfully they only emerge during a full moon.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012
Newbie User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 36
Thanked 0 Times
PopulationZero PopulationZero is offline
Newbie User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 36
Thanked 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote View Post
i think you can cure misanthropy with a silver bullet...
i'm no stranger to suicide. Reason why I haven't killed myself is because I would hurt my family and I do have friends. One friend told me in school that if I were to end my life, he would be angry and hurt, so I have refrained from leaving.. If I was on my own and had no one, there would be no reason for me to remain here.
PopulationZero is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012
Expert User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 805
Thanked 6 Times
Earthcircle Earthcircle is offline
Expert User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 805
Thanked 6 Times
A silver bullet? I recommend a cookie and a nice tall glass of warm milk.
Earthcircle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012
user deleted
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
user deleted
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopulationZero View Post
i'm no stranger to suicide. Reason why I haven't killed myself is because I would hurt my family and I do have friends. One friend told me in school that if I were to end my life, he would be angry and hurt, so I have refrained from leaving.. If I was on my own and had no one, there would be no reason for me to remain here.
I don't think he was suggesting you commit suicide. I think he was intentionally making a play on 'lycanthropy'. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know.

I'm glad you have no intention to commit suicide.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012
Chess's Avatar
Newbie User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 96
Thanked 0 Times
Chess Chess is offline
Newbie User
Chess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 96
Thanked 0 Times
Aren't there forums where people who hate people can get together with other people who hate people? I think a site for social phobias and anxiety problems is a poor decision, as many people here are embittered because of their problems rather than feeling that way as a rule or a conscious choice, and probably even want to go be around people more or at least drop the fear of it and be reclusive by choice.

Last edited by Chess; 10-13-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Chess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012
MikeyC's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Shellharbour, Australia
Posts: 13,174
Thanked 0 Times
MikeyC MikeyC is offline
Elite User
MikeyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Shellharbour, Australia
Posts: 13,174
Thanked 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopulationZero View Post
it grows, gets deeper every time I appear in the public. misanthropy isn't something you acquire in a weeks-amount of time. it takes awhile, and then the misanthrope knows that he/she was not meant to just resist the bad in people. I understand and respect your response, for I know most people don't have a problem with the public and how people are. but I can assure you, it is difficult for me to just oversee the filth, and how many there are. and so, I fall into the category of "misanthrope", just as people who have difficulty with public speaking fall into the category of "socially anxious". being misanthropic, I would obviously say that it is right, but I know it isn't for everyone.
I went through this when I was around 18-19 but then sort of got out of it. I can understand why you would feel this way, though.
MikeyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012
dottie's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
Posts: 4,598
Thanked 0 Times
dottie dottie is offline
Elite User
dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
Posts: 4,598
Thanked 0 Times
i agree with chess. if you don't have SA, why don't you find a more appropriate forum?
dottie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012
Newbie User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 36
Thanked 0 Times
PopulationZero PopulationZero is offline
Newbie User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 36
Thanked 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chess View Post
Aren't there forums where people who hate people can get together with other people who hate people? I think a site for social phobias and anxiety problems is a poor decision, as many people here are embittered because of their problems rather than feeling that way as a rule or a conscious choice, and probably even want to go be around people more or at least drop the fear of it and be reclusive by choice.
I wished there was, but there really isn't any. the only one I found isn't very active -.-
PopulationZero is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012
bcsr's Avatar
Expert User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 629
Thanked 0 Times
bcsr bcsr is offline
Expert User
bcsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 629
Thanked 0 Times
Sounds like a miserable way to live, to me.
bcsr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012
Starry's Avatar
Elite User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Herefordshire, England
Posts: 1,384
Thanked 0 Times
Starry Starry is offline
Elite User
Starry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Herefordshire, England
Posts: 1,384
Thanked 0 Times
I consider myself a misanthropic philanthropist... Or perhaps a philanthropic misanthropist... I hate people, but I also care about them a lot... Of course, the reasons I hate people are all due to the suffering and damage they cause, so it all makes perfect sense...

However, if you don't have SP or severe shyness, I agree that another forum dedicated to misanthropy might be a better place for you. There must be one in existence somewhere... Although, if you hate people so much, doesn't it seem a little counter-intuitive to want to interact with them on a forum? lol
__________________
"You've never truly known the kind of place that I come from." - Arena - 'State of Grace'

"When agony comes more from hope than failure,
Look further than your preconceptions, expectations,
Where the power of the mind can take you out beyond this reach,
Higher than the dull and simple world you know so well,
Back to paradise..." Arena - 'Solomon'
Starry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012
Newbie User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 36
Thanked 0 Times
PopulationZero PopulationZero is offline
Newbie User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 36
Thanked 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry View Post
I consider myself a misanthropic philanthropist... Or perhaps a philanthropic misanthropist... I hate people, but I also care about them a lot... Of course, the reasons I hate people are all due to the suffering and damage they cause, so it all makes perfect sense...

However, if you don't have SP or severe shyness, I agree that another forum dedicated to misanthropy might be a better place for you. There must be one in existence somewhere... Although, if you hate people so much, doesn't it seem a little counter-intuitive to want to interact with them on a forum? lol
no, because I am actually much like yourself. I suppose I might have left out philanthropy because I do care for people. I talk well with people. I hate for mainly the same reasons as you. but I understand that my presence here is probably useless.. and yet again, can't delete my profile -.- if anyone would care to do me the favor and ban my account, that would be good.
PopulationZero is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it better when people KNOW you're socially anxious? Iseesky Social Anxiety Forum 22 12-17-2012 01:00 AM
You might be socially anxious if... lurknomore Social Anxiety Forum 70 11-06-2011 11:01 AM
what age of person are you most socially anxious to? dancingintherain Social Anxiety Forum 22 09-13-2011 08:15 PM
Socially Anxious Sadist Lowlight Personal Stories 3 08-04-2011 01:14 AM
Shy vs. Socially Anxious biathanatos Shyness Forum 5 05-26-2005 06:48 AM

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:00 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 
Contact Us Privacy