Where do you see yourself in 5 years time..

Scottish_Player

5 years ago i thought i would be in a relationship by now, possibly with kids and all my problems would be behind me, now looking ahead to 5 years i still see the same thing but iam not sure if it will happen or not.
So iam just wondering where other people see them selves in 5 years time or what situation they would like to be in. Sorry if this has been asked before.

black_mamba

Like you I'm often optimistic about the future (or did you feel as if ou had to be in a family in 5 years time?)

Hmm 5 years? All I want is to be a graduate and have a nice steady job working with machines, oh and to have not ruined my current relationship.

Nothing major, that way I won't be too dissapointed if I fail my degree, remain unemployed and loose my best friend....holy cow!! 8O

*rethink*

In 5 years time I would like to be 5 years older. That ok?

thugaveli

In 5 years time i see myself in the same position

No job, no friends, no money, no life

Even though everyday i try to be positive looking into the future i don't feel positive because im limited to what i can do and 5 years ago the limit was the same as it is now

I would like to hope id have a relationship by 5 years time, close support makes me think more positive but at the moment its not happening

I guess i'll just have to wait and see like everything else :roll:

Sue

5 years time i want to be on my way to becoming a vet assistant atleast. id love to be a vet but my leaving cert sucked. it would also be nice to be going out with someone but i dont feel like thats going to happen. i want to have the same friends as i do now they are very good with me. they at least half understand why i am the way i am.

kattness

i see myself worse of..... i would love to be in a relationship and have better friends who understand but i highly doubt it will happen.
i think s/p would get worse the older i get.

nerdgirl178

Five years ago I saw myself finished my degree, traveling through Europe and having a boyfriend. Now I am still finishing my degree, never had a boyfriend, and I never traveled to Eruope. In my five years I will for sure finish my degree, have a boyfriend, traveling through Eruope and being very successful, SA or no SA!!

SilverLiner

If I'm completely honest - I don't think I'll be around in 5 years time. I don't know how to explain it but I just get this horrible feeling inside of me. I've had it for about a year now. I honestly think i'll be dead within the next 2 - 3 years.

Cryptolysergick

Creating movies(actaulyl having the budget to), in a relationship(hopefully, im not THAT ugly am i? damn) Squirting mustard on curly fries.

thugaveli

SilverLiner said:
If I'm completely honest - I don't think I'll be around in 5 years time. I don't know how to explain it but I just get this horrible feeling inside of me. I've had it for about a year now. I honestly think i'll be dead within the next 2 - 3 years.

I'm the same, ive suffered all my life and i fear theres only so much more i can take

I'm not afraid to go its only my mum i'm breathing for

SilverLiner

Um...I didn't mean I'd die by suicide. I just feel like I'm going to die of some illness, some kind of cancer. It probably sounds really stupid but I've felt it for a while. Everything seems to be getting darker, more uncertain...I honestly can't see myself being here in 5 years time and I'm only 22 now.

But I'm sorry you feel that way thugaveli :( however much shit you've had to take, there's always something worth living for. Something that just makes you carry on going? There must be something? Anything?

LittleMissScareAll

thugaveli said:
I'm not afraid to go its only my mum i'm breathing for

My answer is the same as a few others have already said...I think I'll be dead. Or still the same as I am now(only alot worse which means I probably might as well be dead). But I always thought I'd die at a young age. And I'm probably right to think it. Too much stress, nervousness, anxiety, sadness...I think I'll die from all that, soon. I actually get physically ill when I go through too much of this...so I could probably easily die.
And I'm also just living for my parents...if not for them, I would have probably already ended my own life. Everything else about my life sucks. I wish I'd never even existed.

aoao

awwww

so many people sound so negative. :(

i HOPE that in five years' time, i will have recovered from this sickness, i will have some kind of associates degree, a successful career, and i wanna be in a relationship by then. i really like toronto and i want to be living there in a few years. it's my dream to move up there. so beautiful, i've met such amazing individuals up there, and i wish i could have stayed up there forever. i opened up to people in toronto unlike ever before. maybe it's what can cure me. i think i'll stick to medicine and CBT, though.

Toad

5 years from now....well...ill definitly be done with my degree...unless i decide to double major in which case i will most likely be done...dunno what ill do after college...not really planning on being a grad student, but more than likely i will be...ill stay away from reality as long as possible...just like Van Wilder...except without the fun part :p...doubt ill be in a relationship but one can hope right?

Pearl

You can think positively or negatively about this. My life is crap right now, l have a weak immune system due to chronic anxiety and depression and physically feel terrible every day, so if that didn't improve l wouldn't care if l wasn't around. It makes me more miserable because l wake up feeling shit, and sometimes wonder what the point of getting out of bed is. I'd like to have all the normal things like a caring relationship, friends, job, confidence, optimism, sounds simple on the surface.

pitkreet

In 5 years time, my plans for world domination should be reaching fruition. That gives me 5 years to think up some plans.

A lot of folks seem to be talking about death and in a similar vain, at the moment I don't really care if I'm dead in 5 years.

But in terms of actually recovering from SA, I think that time spent really thinking about where you actually want to be in your life in 5 years time is probably time well spent. I think that if any of us are going to get better, setting goals and then working towards them is the route out of this misery. Not necessarily a detailed 5 year master plan, but an overall goal of the big things you'd like in life with lots of little goals which you'll set yourself along the way to trying to reach the main target. I think we need to focus on how to achieve good things for ourselves in the future and try to stop dwelling on problems and obstacles to achieveing these things.

So, World Domination in 15 easy steps....1) hmmmm........hmmmm.... :roll: