today was a good day!

hansy

hi

well , after suffering this crap for 5 years and passing up numerous job prospects because of it, on tuesday (after taking Monday off work due to severe panic) i was picked up at 8 in the morning by my boss, spent 3 hours in the car 1 on 1 making conversation travelling to a meeting. i got there sat in a board room with 5 other people and i didnt have a panic attack!!! i didnt even go that red!! i didnt say much as was just doing the minutes.. but u neva would have got me in that room a few weeks ago! it was on the isle of wight and im in essex, so there was alot of travelling and interacting with people.. for once in 5 years im proud of myself!!!

i hope im not being too positive just no1 else around me can appreciate how going there and doing it means to me..

:)

xx

black_mamba

Sounds like a pretty impressive improvement for anyone with social worries. I can't stand being in a car alone with someone, the uncomfortable silences are somewhat muffled by the engine noises but still...

Boardroom eh? Must've been a pretty important meeting. Seems like your doing well for yourself. Good for you *slightly jealous* :D

hansy

thanks for the reply i just thout itd be nice to have a positive post on here, i hope this is the start of recovery but ive had good days b4 then next day im right back down.. but gotta be positive, its the only way. bloody hard tho!
x

tupac

i have noticed that when i have a really bad day, the next day i feel much better. its weird really, and if something goes wrong in that day im back to being bad. on a positive note i think my SP is getting better. im going out to alot stores, food places, bars.i do still get anxious in these situations but i just feel like i cant solve this problem if i just stay home all the time. now i have come to a speed bump in my road to recovery. my parents are so mad that im out all the time and there just like you have no job and your not doing anything with your life. parents... they dont know as much as they think they do

Chilling__Echo

hey hansy, awesome news! glad to hear it and it is nice to see something positive :D you'll grow from this new found confidence, i know that an event as small as this might seem (to those without SA) can give me alot of motivation to keep going and confidence to keep growing. congrats :D :D

Crimefish

That's great! You shouldn't wait until you're perfect to celebrate. You should be proud of every improvement, no matter how insignificant it may seem to other people. :)