To live or not to live?

Genata

Hi, i have just a little question for everybody in here. I see practically no reason to live anymore (yet i don't consider suicide). Is it worth for me to live if there is just absolutely no reason to live?

Lea

Banned
You ask a wrong question here. Because if someone says it´s not worth it, they will get banned, so it´s only permitted to say it IS worth it.

Not that I was saying it´s not worth it, I just don´t know.

Kiwong

The question is. To seek help or not to seek help? I'd suggest you talk to someone about why you feel there is no reason to live. A counsellor, a doctor. Knowing nothing about you I can't answer your question. You say practically no reason to live, you must have a reason or two to live even small ones?

Last edited:

ukmale

Tell you the truth I have always wanted to die .. but now facing the possibility of death I'm shitting myself

I have been finding blood after wiping for 3yrs + diarrhoea and stomach pain I don't like to be made a fuss over so I passed this off as a poor diet cheap loo paper but lately only a few days ago I had loads of blood it was like someone stabbed me in the bum I just bled out I have to see doctors tomorrow 11:10 well im shitting myself

Flanscho

The main reason why I never committed suicide:
- I would tremendously hurt my family
- as long as I live there is hope

And things improved over time.

Find a reason to live?
There will be good days and bad days, it keeps going back and forth, it never stops, I guess I live for the "good days", they make it worth it.

AGR

I too struggle with this,the best reason I think its that you will die anyway its inevitable,why hurry things?
Everything has its time.....

Quietguy11

There is always a reason to live, but sometimes we don't see those reasons very clearly. One thing about a social disorder or a mental health problem, whatever you want to refer it as, is that life seems very dark and scary. That is because chemicals in the brain are unbalanced (Serotonin, etc.) which are responsible for uplifting our moods. Social disconnection is only because the brain is not receiving a sufficient amount of these chemicals and is therefore more nonfunctional. Taking the right medication(s) can balance these chemicals and bring more connectivity and happiness into your social life.

Rumplestiltskin

You ask a wrong question here. Because if someone says it´s not worth it, they will get banned, so it´s only permitted to say it IS worth it.
Which is ridiculous, to say the least.

The main reason why I never committed suicide:
- I would tremendously hurt my family
- as long as I live there is hope

And things improved over time.
What if you know that things won't ever improve because they just can't?

Find a reason to live?
There will be good days and bad days, it keeps going back and forth, it never stops, I guess I live for the "good days", they make it worth it.
There are no good days when you hate yourself.

AGR said:
I too struggle with this,the best reason I think its that you will die anyway its inevitable,why hurry things?
Everything has its time.....
Best reply so far. I like your philosophy.

Last edited:

Silatuyok

I often ponder this question as well. I no longer consider suicide, but sometimes I wonder if some people really wouldn't be better off dead. I certainly don't see voluntary euthanasia as a bad thing. I just wonder how it would be regulated, and what the social ramifications would be, and all that... :thinking:

Fighter86

I rather not live, but I have no courage to take my life either. If I could choose I would prefer not to be born. I hate life.

I see practically no reason to live anymore (yet i don't consider suicide). Is it worth for me to live if there is just absolutely no reason to live?
I'm probably in the same boat. Suicide is not really an option for me either. I don't think it's possible to there being an objective answer to your question (ie it's all subjective imho). And i think it's a bit more "involved" than just that above question (ie there's various other things about life to take into account). For instance, one's "true life purpose".

Almost every day is a struggle to get through for myself. But each day i usually find some kind of inspiration to continue, or purpose, no matter how small. Every day is different, so the motivation for each day is different. Some days are harder than others. Some days are "impossible". But i continue on regardless, knowing that i do not know all (or even a fraction of all) there is to know about life. I live in hope of some day knowing what i "need" to know about life...

vickiekitties

It's more depressing to try to kill yourself and fail, do that a few times and you give up on that too. Life is a slow, painful march to death that we all endure. It's better to live without the fear of death than to give up on waiting for it.
That and my mom doesn't need that sh*t, her life sucks enough already.