The 50 pushup challenge.

Danfalc

Banned
Ohhh, couple of months back when i was excersising, i couldnt make more than 20 at one go. I am like 200 lbs tho ( and 5'11"). Then i stopped, dont know why.

I don't know how heavy 200 lbs is, I'm used to working In stone. But 5,11 is pretty tall, well to someone who is 5,4 it is anyway :)

So you might have more bulk to lift if your naturally stocky/well built as it is? Also some people are kind of wired different. I wish I was more educated on how to word it...but the best way I can put it is. Some people are built for really quick explosive outbursts of energy, while others are built for endurance. So that can affect how easy/hard we find certain work outs.

It's worth experimenting with different postures, putting your hands in different positions can really help you isolate and target different muscles.

I use to do like 200 press ups a day, but being a small dude I was doing them really quick. I was doing this at the gym once and a trainer actually stopped me. He explained that because I was trying to do them so quick, I wasn't properly keeping my form, and wasn't working the muscles anywhere near as well as I should be ::eek::. Apparently the quality of the press ups is much more important than the quantity. He taught me to do a slower form using this technique where you place your hands in like a triangle. I so couldn't do as many but it isolated different muscles better.

Hottie

Right fu*k it, im in!!!

I'll see what i can do now and then post back haha !!

this is kinda funny :p

Hottie

Right i just did 22. At 20 i was gona give up but then said no id do 2 more. Not bad for a girl aeh

My arms were shaking though. i was gona collapse and my head was gona burst :p

pretty good if you've never done them before. this is of course assuming you had good posture when doing the exercise.

I've seen people trying to do pushups for the first time, and they all tend to bend their back and use their legs to lift them.. aka not a pushup.

Last edited:
I'll join the club ^_^

today;
20, 24, 30. push ups. (total: 74)
morning, evening 2x.
I also Kickboxed today :)

I love doing exercise everyday, I think it's healthy and good to keep the balance of your body in a good posture,
and I like the feeling after training really hard, it gives you powerful energy.

I want to keep this up, so I have something to do everyday.
Though I have to follow a schedule in the afternoon, I can still do push ups in the morning and evening. :)

Yeah exercising is awsome, it gets the blood pumping, generally helps with the mind as well, just really feels good and it helps you become healthier :)

It's also important to eat healthy as well, not that I'm any role model. Healthy foods tends to be about 2-3x more expensive than junk food and fast food where I live.

Last edited: