Spiritual Stuff

Scottish_Player

Has anyone here or does anyone here carry stones or wear anything round their neck that is supposed to give of positive feelings?

Ive read a little about stuff like reiki and was wondering if anyone here is involved with this kind of thing and does it help them in anyway?

I used to wear an amulet, and when I have exams or anything I carry a small chinese stone and coin in a silk pouch that my mum bought me for luck. I don't know if they worked. I always without fail wear my silver chain with two silver hearts looped on it, my boyfriend bought me them as earings 2 and a half years ago but one broke the day I got them so I broke the other one and put them on a chain and they look beautiful. I don't think any random piece of jewelery can help, but when you have something that was given with love and it's something you really care about it can give you confidence. I play with it when I'm nervous and it just reminds me that I'm not alone, and it inspires me. Sounds a bit silly but it's become a part of me now, and it's comforting to have it. I think it's kinda the same as people wearing their parent's wedding rings ect.

Also, if you buy something like an amulet you have to be careful when you choose it and make sure it feels 'right' with you, and then meditate with it, or just carry it around and make it 'yours', that's the wiccan idea of having stones ect, I'm not sure if the reiki way is different.

Just my random thoughts anyway :lol:

Scottish_Player

Ta for the reply, i know what you mean about the earings your boyfriend bought you, i used yo have a St Christopher pendant that was my uncles who died, it was nothing fancy but i carried it in my pocket everywhere i went and like you said it reminds you that your not alone, but i lost it one days and for weeks afterwards i felt lost without it, i had this in my pocket everyday for years and then it was gone :( but i tried to think of it that maybe the next person that finds it will get some luck from it :)

Is there anything you could recommend for good luck/health/positivity that kinda thing, Iam very opened minded and would give anything a try :D Is an amulet a type of stone or is that speaking about stones in general?

An amulet can be anything really, a stone ect but just because something is called an amulet doesn't necessarily mean it'll be the right one for you, most towns have a shop of some kind that sells stones (jewelery shops, 'hippy' shops ect) and just go with whichever one feels right to you. Different stones have different healing properties, I'm not sure I believe in it all, but I think why not, we're part of the earth and it makes sense in a way that stones should be able to influence us, and even if it's just a placebo effect, as long as it works it doesn't matter too much lol. Some places you can get stones that give an indication of what they do, inspire creativity, confidence ect, and there's lots of websites with that kind of information (for example http://www.semiprecious.com/healing_properties.htm), but I think the most important thing is to choose whatever you're drawn to, and whatever appeals at the time.

It's a shame you lost your pendant, but that's a good way of looking at it. x

cLavain

You can buy a piece of rock on a string from me if you're interested. It doesn't give off positive feelings as such, but it does make you feel better about yourself when you take it off... :D Okay, let me know...

cLavain said:
You can buy a piece of rock on a string from me if you're interested. It doesn't give off positive feelings as such, but it does make you feel better about yourself when you take it off... :D Okay, let me know...

Sold!