OC without the D

Silatuyok

I sometimes describe myself to people as "OC without the D." Meaning, I display some classic symptoms of OCD, but it doesn't disrupt my life in any way. In highschool, yes, the obsessive thoughts caused me a lot of unhappiness, but these days I find them to be only slightly annoying, and not uncontrollable. Am I just normal and wanting to think I have OCD? Or is it possible that I have somehow magically grown out of it to the point where it doesn't affect my life much anymore?
Just curious to hear some thoughts.

MrJones

I don't know much about the subject, but I don't think it would make a big difference to know if it could be diagnosed as OCD or not. Since it's not uncontrollable and it doesn't cause you a lot of trouble in your daily life, it would be just a label.

You know what you have, even if you don't know what would be the technical name, but since you can be happy with it, I think it is not a problem. What I do think is that we all have issues to some degree, but if you can live with it, take it easy, enjoy your life as much as you can and forget about the rest. As long as you're happy the rest is superfluous :)

Silatuyok

I don't know much about the subject, but I don't think it would make a big difference to know if it could be diagnosed as OCD or not. Since it's not uncontrollable and it doesn't cause you a lot of trouble in your daily life, it would be just a label.

You know what you have, even if you don't know what would be the technical name, but since you can be happy with it, I think it is not a problem. What I do think is that we all have issues to some degree, but if you can live with it, take it easy, enjoy your life as much as you can and forget about the rest. As long as you're happy the rest is superfluous :)

You are absolutely right, of course. I'm just curious about the disorder, and I'm wondering if it would explain some things from my past. But I don't think that I have it now so that's all I should really be concerned about. :)