hypnosis-it works

lifes_to_long

yowser,
I've been suffering from serious stress about my social phobia that I would almost say was none existant now thanks to hypnosis which is seriously helping me in ways i never expected and id recommend it to anyone.I've only had 2 sessions and already im feeling so much more external rather than internal and ashamed and all that crap.
how its works is not even hypnosis its like getting into your scarest feeling and changing it whilst init.less of that but seriously I 100% swear on it.
and i was a big time sceptic.
try it I feel like i could be anyone i want now (priminster even)not that id wanna be but try it b4 you knock it..........if anyones tryed it and has an opinion on this or wants to ask any questions about it then post up.
cheers oli.

Septor

That would be interresting to try but unfortunately i'm one of 10% or something of people that can't be hypnotize.It would be interresting though to see how well it works on other people.

lifes_to_long

what you mean 1 in 10 people who cant be hypnotised it aint even really hypnosis its more like closing your eyes and thinking about shit as he talks to you and trust me it would work on anyone its logic not magic

thequietone

I've tried hypnosis, but it really doesn't work for me...at least I don't feel hypnotized....so it's more like imagery and relaxation, because I asked my therapist if we could please stop talking to my subconcsious as though it were another person inside me, because it was freaking me out. Reminded me of the Exorcist.. *shudders* She was asking me about my first memory of social anxiety, or rather, asking my subconcious. Did it happen before I was five? Before I was three? I started to tense up and didn't know if I should play along or not.
Thankfully, I have a great therapist and she was completely understanding about the whole thing and now we do relaxation and imagery where I don't have to answer yes or no, I just sit there and let it affect me.
I just didn't feel hypnotized. Did it really work for you, lifes_to_long? What did it feel like? I'm curious, because I really wanted it to work for me, but it turns out I can't relax enough to get to that metal state.

lifes_to_long

the things the way i looked at it wasnt such as being hypnotised but more like really letting everything flow through you even though i was shitting it too and found it hard to relax.i think the whole talking to the sub concious does have its benifits like you look at the reson your there from a more outside perspective and it helps you change.But it might just be the fact that i really wanted it to work either way.peace

Septor

lifes_to_long said:
what you mean 1 in 10 people who cant be hypnotised it aint even really hypnosis its more like closing your eyes and thinking about shit as he talks to you and trust me it would work on anyone its logic not magic

There varying degree susceptible to being hypnotize.Some people can easily fall in to a deep trace and other can't be hypnotize at all and then you have people that are somewhere in the middle.

I don't understand when you say it was not really hypnosis.If it was not hypnosis then what was it?I might give it a shot.

thequietone

I don't understand when you say it was not really hypnosis.If it was not hypnosis then what was it?I might give it a shot.

It's hard to explain. For me it's just relaxation. I'm not half-asleep, just calm. I could jump up if I wanted to and my concsious mind is completely awake. That's the difference.

My therapist described hypnosis as a light happy state where your concsious mind fades into the background and your subconcsious, (the part of your mind that knows everything without any bias) takes the wheel. Any form of embarrasment is completely gone, yet you still have control. You would never commit a crime or anything while underhypnosis. Hypnotherapists communicate with your subconscious mind, which is really the root of your being, and they figure out what your real problems are. They can also "ask" your subconcsious mind if it's okay to let go of the problems that are restricting your life.

I don't know if it actually works because I have never gotten to this point. But doesn't it sound wonderful?

lifes_to_long

yeh it does but i didnt feel wonderful i did after I left probs cus it was over lol but yeh you might be right I've got a session with him tomorow (scary) but im just gunna be positive last time i couldnt stop smiling the whole way home probly cus i felt more at one with myself fuck it anyway peace out

Septor

Well that sound great Thequietone and Lifes_to_long. :D

Yea I'm wonder the same thing to,what kind of hypnotherapist did you go to see Lifes_to_long?I might give it shot if it's not to expensive.Although I don't think it would work on me.Didn't before.

lifes_to_long

basically dont know if you've heard of it, its called NLP i think it stands for nurolistic language programming. Just finished the session its really interesting its main function isn't actually hypnosis but teaching your unconcious to gain the tools, so that you can cope with any situation its used for phobias self-asteem and even bussiness's use it for staff performance.
at the same time you teach yourself patterns of thinking that can instantly change your feeling."i used to tell myself im feeling good i really dont want bad thought, and imediatly your mind has to think of them so that it knows not to like if i said to think of a pink elephant theres no way that you wouldnt be able to cus thats just how are minds work".One that helps me is I really want to be shy and cus your telling yourself being shy is positive that gives you the immediate feeling of the impossible task of actually doing it.really fasinating stuff obviously thats only 2 brief examples of the style of teaching but it really helped.good luck if you do discide to go through with it and keep me posted on how its going.oli

thequietone

My therapist is a psychotherapist who also practices hypnosis and Reiki healing. So she can talk to you like a normal therapist would and also has the training to hypnotize you if you want to try that. I have not tried Reiki yet......it sounds a little "out there" if you know what I mean. :)

Septor

lifes_to_long said:
basically dont know if you've heard of it, its called NLP i think it stands for nurolistic language programming. Just finished the session its really interesting its main function isn't actually hypnosis but teaching your unconcious to gain the tools, so that you can cope with any situation its used for phobias self-asteem and even bussiness's use it for staff performance.
at the same time you teach yourself patterns of thinking that can instantly change your feeling."i used to tell myself im feeling good i really dont want bad thought, and imediatly your mind has to think of them so that it knows not to like if i said to think of a pink elephant theres no way that you wouldnt be able to cus thats just how are minds work".One that helps me is I really want to be shy and cus your telling yourself being shy is positive that gives you the immediate feeling of the impossible task of actually doing it.really fasinating stuff obviously thats only 2 brief examples of the style of teaching but it really helped.good luck if you do discide to go through with it and keep me posted on how its going.oli

I have heard of Neuro-linguistic programming before.I always thought it was new age type stuff.Basically pseudoscience.This is what wikipedia has to say about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuro-linguistic_programming .I'll have to look into it some more.Interesting though.

lifes_to_long

yeh a friend of mines mum is a reiki master I've never had it but its sposed to have good effects. I think doing anything positive to try and change your condition is a good thing as long as your thinking its positive then it probly will have that effect on you so try as many things as you can cus there all positive steps towards recovery.