Does anyone suffer with Selective Mutism?

knowledgeofself

weird as this may sound I sometimes wish I was, I always feel there's pressure on me to talk and it usually ends up with me splurting something out and then feeling uncomfortable or feeling like an idiot. if it weren't for people negatively judging me I probably would never bother talking at all.

Eristelle

I feel like I do. I was bullied for being too quiet. Ugh, and I hate my voice... I rather stay quiet than say anything. Expressing myself would be my downfall if I tried to. I'm not good at it and I come off as rude every time.

razzle dazzle rose

My father asked me to pick up something from Lowes on the way back from school for him.. I reluctantly did so.. I had no idea where this thing for the gutter was, so I walked around the store for like 2 hours trying to find it.. A normal person could have simply walked up to someone and asked, I couldn't do it, so I just walked and walked and searched everywhere for it until I found it.

I do that sometimes. I hate asking for help.

And about talking...sometimes I hesitate talking to new people because my voice sounds weird and I am afraid of mispronouncing words. It makes me very self-conscious. I am better at writing than speaking. Talking over the phone is torture.