Does anxiety age u?

Anonymous

Hello. i kinda new to this forum and I want to ask anyone who have or had anxiety, do u age a lot, because before I had anxiety.. i was sorta look like my age but after having anxiety.. i aged a lot. :(

Anonymous

It can because as you know it is a form of stress but it shouldnt age you too much a few years or so at the most. generally it doesnt - you just end up looking really tired and stressed out alot :roll:

Anonymous

I think SP may age some people. Specially the ones that have severe SP and/or other anxiety problems. My SP started when I was 19 and I also developed general anxiety. In other words, I am always nervous, even when alone. Even though I was only 19, I started looking older, such as getting gray hairs. This all sucks.

MrHappy

Have had anxiety for 7 years, I have grey hairs and my hair is thinning right out and receeding. I'm 21

I would say yes, it does age you. My dad has a full head of hair, so I shouldn't be losing my hair at my age.....saying that, the milkman is balding? hmm

Anonymous

Having only mild SP I still feel I am aging more than others my age, in that the lines on my forehead from frowning and such are more pronounced.

I also thought at one point my hairline was receding, but maybe it was always high (hehe looking on the brightside) :)

But yeah, worrying alot does tax you mentally and physically i'd say. :?

MrHappy

I couldn't agree more mate.

I have much less patients than I used to have and its all taking its toll.

With a potentially receeding hair line, worrying about it receeding is only gonna make it worse.

Vicious cycle I guess :?

Anonymous

anxiety....uv gotta luv it!!!!

yup think iv been sufferin from social anxiety for the last 4-5 yrs and in that time iv gained more grey hairs than my mum....and shes 55!!!.....im a lucky lad ha ha just waitin on my first grey pube!!!....ha ha take it easy jonnyx

Anonymous

i've noticed this as well. Im 20, have 'frown' lines, and some 'smile lines' from all the forced smiles. Also just the bags under the eyes. I guess it's not that extreme, but it's annoying im only 20.. and also just a general sense of tiredness every morning

MrHappy

I would happily swap your eye bags for my hair line matey.

I've always been one to spend a good 20 mins on my hair, the thought of losing it never entered my mind.

Sucks.

Fredscars

*puts hand over head* im NOT going to lose my hair
its the one thing im really proud of 8O

i have really bad bags under my eyes. im only 15..but if i take my makeup off, i look dead..my eyes are swollen..and bloodshot, my bags deep purple. it sucks.

CrazeeTrain

I have had SA since middle school, and I started losing my hair at about 16. I am 32 now, and I have been manually shaving my head bald for over 10 years now (don't want the comb over...). Is this just the way I am built, or is it due in part to SA? I have no clue...

PisceanWisdom

:| now that i think about it, i discovered a couple of grey hairs when i was a kid :( . the frown lines i can understand, but the hair i'll have to research.

Secret_Smile

I've been finding grey hairs a lot over the past year. Its worring.
I've not long turned 18.
I always look tired (major eye bags) and my whole body aches.

Remus

Staff member
well I'm in my 30's and look ten years younger than I actually am

Yay me!

:lol:

despise

im 16 now...but a couple of years ago one of my mates told me i had some grey hairs...gir. ive dyed my hair since then..haha..im not sure if i still have them or not..id rather not know...might make me more stressed. and i have purple bags under my eyes too..even if ive had 12 hours sleep!