Delusional

Naieva

I've never been in love and no one has been in love with me. I'm just too weird looking for love. I back away if any one shows a slightest interest and then I get delusional and start fantasizing about having a relationship with them. It's a pattern that I don't to continue...please help.::(:

planemo

Why would you say you're weird looking? And I don't think fantasizing is that bad. I often fantasize about talking to a girl I had a crush on, but that's as far as it goes. What part about the fantasizing are you afraid of?

Naieva

Weird=Ugly (acne scarred face, dopey eyes, skinny, walks funny) i'm always wearing a hood to hide underneath.

Only ONCE has a guy ever asked me out, preceding that he said 'I'm not looking for a supermodel' gee thanks.

If you've never been loved by anyone (like me) you might start using them to fill that void which is not healthy.

planemo

Weird=Ugly (acne scarred face, dopey eyes, skinny, walks funny) i'm always wearing a hood to hide underneath.

Only ONCE has a guy ever asked me out, preceding that he said 'I'm not looking for a supermodel' gee thanks.

If you've never been loved by anyone (like me) you might start using them to fill that void which is not healthy.

Yes your profile did say you were male, but no worries.:)

Yeah I know how looks can shape a negative opinion about oneself. I go through the same things. A lack of confidence in ones self, I think is a very difficult thing to overcome. I can understand why you feel fantasizing is unhealthy, but it doesn't make one delusional necessarily. Unfortunately no matter what we want to believe we have to accept ourselves, even if we don't really like what we see. Often it is ones negative opinion of oneself that leads to not finding love as opposed to being too ugly for it. Changing our thinking is the hard part though.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member

It's common on this site for people, especially girls, to declare that they are ugly/and or weird looking when they're not.

Honestly, even if you are ugly, that isn't what stops people from being in love. I've seen plenty of ugly/meh looking people in happy relationships.

Maybe if you told us a bit more about how your social interactions and relationships go? I don't mean to pry, but you did say you wanted help.

Naieva

Thank you for your responses. I don't think I'll over come this. For a majority of the preteen-teen years, I had to deal with complete strangers on the street yelling "you're ugly" when I pass by. I have a lot of love to give but unfortunately people can't see past the looks whether it's "she's always so sad all the time" or "she's ugly." Only those guys that do get to know me, get to see that I do have a great personality but we go out as friends, and it hurts to hear them talk about other girls that they like or are dating.

I'm getting older and I feel that I don't get over this soon, I may never have the experience of having a relationship with someone. I spend most of my time in bed reading or listening to music and of course fantasizing.

I have no other goals. I'm not living.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Do you have any other major concerns besides not being in a relationship? The internet really can be a good way to get to know what someone is like on the inside (even accounting for the occasional deceptive person), and this site actually does have some really nice guys whose only real fault is social anxiety.

Not me of course--I'm a bast*rd. :D

ETA: I guess no other goals means no other concerns. Only one problem in life? I envy you!

planemo

Thank you for your responses. I don't think I'll over come this. For a majority of the preteen-teen years, I had to deal with complete strangers on the street yelling "you're ugly" when I pass by. I have a lot of love to give but unfortunately people can't see past the looks whether it's "she's always so sad all the time" or "she's ugly." Only those guys that do get to know me, get to see that I do have a great personality but we go out as friends, and it hurts to hear them talk about other girls that they like or are dating.

I'm getting older and I feel that I don't get over this soon, I may never have the experience of having a relationship with someone. I spend most of my time in bed reading or listening to music and of course fantasizing.

I have no other goals. I'm not living.

i'm sorry to hear that. Yes overcoming that hurdle is something i need to do too, but i'm not all that convinced that i can. just try your best that's all i can say.