Cleanliness OCD

I fight with cleanliness OCD. It's not the type where I can't go out and get dirty. It just bothers me when I'm trying to be clean for work, etc. I always obsess whether my clothes are dirty and I'm dirty (example: If I need to go shower and put on clean clothes) What are some ways of dealing with this that will help?

laure15

I don't really care how dirty I get during the day, because by nighttime, I will take a bath and clean off everything. After that, I do care how clean I am; I try not to sweat too much or move too much because sleeping with sweat is uncomfortable. Just think of it this way: you can get as dirty as you want during the day, because you know that you will wash it all away during shower.

I don't really care how dirty I get during the day, because by nighttime, I will take a bath and clean off everything. After that, I do care how clean I am; I try not to sweat too much or move too much because sleeping with sweat is uncomfortable. Just think of it this way: you can get as dirty as you want during the day, because you know that you will wash it all away during shower.

Not caring makes me really anxious because of knowing that I may have to go get clean again. It makes me obsess and want to find a compulsion.

laure15

I do care, but I try not to care all the time. I keep my mind focused on other things. I also tell myself, "If I take too many showers just to be clean, the water bill will go up. Waste of money." That motivates me to take quick and short baths.

Lea

Banned
I used to have one shower before sleep. Then I switched into showering in the morning because my father kept constantly harassing me in the evening. So I shower in the morning, but then I go out and when I come, I feel the need to have another quick shower, because I feel like I am dirty again and altogether I feel better and fresh after a shower. The problem is, when I go to work, there usually isn´t enough time for the morning shower if I have to get up early, so either I get up really early or go out without it. But when I do I feel uncomfortable and sticky the whole day (because when you sleep you sweat) and can´t wait when I come home and shower.

I don´t think washing a lot is bad, except of the cost and that it´s timeconsuming, esp. when you go to work. But it´s really good for the skin, I keep rubbing it off every day and like this, the skin stays smooth. I can´t imagine someone showers only once a week :eek: no offense, I couldn´t take it though personally.

So yeah I am crazy and OCD, but if I wasn´t I´d have to trade it for impure skin, so what am I to do :question: