Body jolts

For a couple of days now I've been experiencing these sort of 'jolts' through my whole body, mostly when I'm in bed and relaxed. They were even waking me up last night. I'm also feeling very disorientated .. sort of 'spaced out'. At one point during the night I woke up and felt so dizzy and the whole room looked as if it was full of a dense pale fog, I couldn't see properly for a few minutes and was terrified ::(:.

I've been on antidepressants for about 18 months, I've been on paroxetine (seroxat) for 2 months now, do you think these symptoms are likely to be due to the meds? Anyone have any similar experiences?

Thanks

lyricalliaisons

I think they're definitely most likely due to the meds, specifically the one you just started two months ago. You should tell your doctor immediately. I've been told that those kind of side effects can be permanent, even once the person stops taking the med. You could be on too high of a dose or that med just may not work well with your specific body chemistry. Your doctor will most likely recommend that you slowly taper yourself off the med to avoid any additional side effects that may occur if you just stop taking them automatically. You definitely should tell your doctor about this ASAP.

Thanks for answering. I've been looking up serotonin syndrome, scary stuff really. The things we'll try in an attempt to feel better :rolleyes:

Remus

Staff member
I've heard quite a few freinds complain of this with that drug, would'nt hurt to tell your doc I guess

Foxie913

I get those too sometimes. I thought I was the only one that did.
Great to see I'm not alone on this. :D

xSleepy

i have weird body jolts sometimes too. I remember I was spending the night at a friends house and I was falling asleep in bed and my body did this weird and embarrassing jolt thingy.. freaked my friend out lol.

I'm not sure if what I've experienced is the same as what you're talking about. I'm not on meds and never have been on anxiety/depression meds. So yeah.. not sure if it's the same thing that happens to you.

Sounds like you should mention it to your doctor though.

EscapeArtist

I'm not sure if this is the same thing.... I've been on Zoloft for only a week now, and as i'm drifting to sleep, I suddenly have this very vivid, slight second, almost closed-eye-hallucination of being wacked over the head and I immediately snap up. I sometimes do this without any of the visual, twice a night now. It's kind of odd...especially because it happens when i'm awake. Not sure if this is the same thing!

Lately I've been feeling as if i'm burnt out lately, which is odd because I don't smoke pot anymore. My head feels heavy and I have to remind myself where I am because I just zone into a blah.... I remember having this on prozac when I was on it, although I don't remember having the jolts.

bent_soul

I was on anti-depressants and started suffering from the same thing as you, the body jolts. My partner use to tell me that when I would be sleeping, my body would jerk every now and then. It stopped once I stopped taking the meds. I also felt as though my brain was burning from the inside out and was going to explode. I was on Loxamine, a too higher dose.

dooby-duck

I get these almost every night several times before I fall to sleep. I'm not on any meds though. The ones I have are quite small, maybe an arm, a leg or a finger will jolt. They are a different sensation to the other tics I have.